With most of us having left over turkey from Thanksgiving, thought I'd post my turkey noodle soup recipe. 

Take whatever turkey you have left from Thanksgiving, and place it in a large stock pot (the entire carcass.) Fill the pot with chicken broth (I like Swanson) and water (about 60/40 broth to water), and bring to a boil.  Once boiling, turn the heat down to simmer, and let it slowly boil for no less than two hours. 

Once the meat is falling off the bone, use a pair of tongs to remove the big pieces, and place the meat on a large cookie sheet (or two) to cool.  Once most of the meat is removed, pour the broth through a large strainer into a separate stock pot (or several smaller pots if you don't have two large pots.) 

Place any meat left in the strainer on the cookie sheet(s) along with the rest of the meat to cool, and then pour the broth back into the original large stock pot, and turn the burner back onto medium heat.  

While the meat is cooling and the broth is heating back up, chop up a full onion, two bags of carrots, and two bags of celery.

Once everything is chopped, place the veggies in the stock pot. Then separate the meat from the bones off of the cookie sheet, and place it in the stock pot along with the veggies. 

Once the contents of the stock pot just starts to boil, season the soup to taste with Better than Bullion Roasted Chicken Soup Base (can be found at most grocery stores.)  I usually use (3) 8 ounce jars (see attached), and let the soup come to a boil, then turn down to simmer until the carrots, onions, and celery are soft.  Then add parsley, and your favorite noodle, I really like Mrs. Miller's homemade soup noodles (see attached)

Boil until the noodles are soft, and you're done!  I typically place the stock pot outside on the back deck to cool. 

Once the soup is cool, place into the desired size Tupperware containers, and place in your freezer.  The soup freezes extremely well.

It's really nice in the dead of winter for a quick meal, or if you have a winter cold - just pull one of the containers out of the freezer, microwave for 5 minutes to thaw it out, and then place on the stove top on low heat until hot. 

You can adjust this recipe bigger or smaller without any issue. You just need more or less chicken broth, veggies, turkey, noodles, and soup base.