MORE
Recipies & Cooking

Soup

10/17/21 @ 6:15 PM
INITIAL POST
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

Best clam chowder recipe I've found.

It's from a chef in Seattle. I follow it exactly. 

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
12/6/22 @ 10:21 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20

Making tenderloin ,vegetable and dumpling soup. Making a big 5 gallon batch. It gets the works. Yellow and green beans. Carrots, cauliflower, rutabaga, cabbage , peas, Lima beans taters. Oh yellow and white corn. Will send pics later. This one will be bloody Mary and tomato juice-based.

Soup photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
2/12/22 @ 11:02 AM
Chainman
User since 8/14/19

You guys sure get involved. For someone looking for a quick lunch this is what I do:

Take a couple of crappie (or other fish) filets and microwave for 1-2 minutes. Put in one can of cream of potato soup and 1/2 can of milk, a pad of butter and sprinkle some parsley flakes if you wish. Microwave for 3 minutes. Stir and eat. It's a very good fish chowder. I'm having it today.

2/11/22 @ 11:33 AM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

I'm making a seafood chowder tonight. Going to use walleye from the freezer instead of halibut. Clams, shrimp, walleye and bacon. What can go wrong? 

2/10/22 @ 1:50 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

I made the clam chowder last night, though I made a half of the recipe.  I really enjoyed it!  Only difference I made was I finely chopped up part of a jalapeno for the heat instead of the hot sauce.  I also added some parsley on top for my bowl.

My wife and kids wouldn't try it, lol!

10/18/21 @ 8:31 PM
Bruno1
User since 3/21/14

Campsite fish chowder:

Ingredients

Small jar of medium or hot salsa,

Small jar of tomato sauce

Couple of onions roughly chopped and gently fried

8-12 mushrooms roughly chopped and gently fried

Few stalks of celery roughly chopped and gentled fried

Small can of water chestnuts (yes)

Dozen large shrimp peeled

Dozen oysters or clams, cleaned and removed from shell

4-6 fillets of two types of fish: Sheepshead, white bass, pike, salmon, etc.

Instructions

Saute onions and mushrooms, pour in salsa and tomato sauce then refill jars with water and add to large pot.  Let it cook together for 20-30 minutes.  Then add shrimp, fish, oysters, and water chestnuts.  Cook for 6-8 minutes.  Serve as chowder or over rice or paste.  Couldn't be much easier, tastes amazing, and is a good way to get rid of extra filets.

10/17/21 @ 9:08 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

Venison Vegetable Soup

1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil

~2 lb. Venison, cubed or shredded

1 Cup Diced Onion

16 oz. Frozen Mixed Vegetables

2-14.5 oz. Cans peeled and diced tomatoes with juice

3 Cups Potatoes, peeled and cubed

4 Cups Water

1 Tbsp White Sugar

2 tsp Beef Bouillon Granules

1 tsp Salt

½ tsp Ground black pepper

½ tsp Garlic powder

¼ tsp Hot Pepper sauce

Heat oil in a stock pot or Dutch oven over medium high heat.  Brown the venison in the hot oil.  Add onion, cover pot and simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes, or until onions are translucent.   Stir in mixed vegetables, tomatoes, and potatoes.  Combine the water, sugar, and bouillon, stir into the soup.  Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and hot pepper sauce. Cover and simmer for at least one hour, or until the meat is tender.

I sometimes make my own stock by boiling some of the bones from a deer I've shot and removing the meat off of them (that's how I get the shredded venison vs the cubed).  The arm bones, shoulder bones, and the neck bones work well for this.

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE