LOGIN
Lake-Link

Refrigerator Pickles

8/27/18 @ 8:55 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Jared
Jared
User since 7/22/01

Who has a good refrigerator pickle recipe?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/14/19 @ 11:38 AM
Carpio
MEMBER since 11/5/17

My pickles stay crispy. I cut off about 1/4 “ off of both ends before brining.   CARPIO 

8/14/19 @ 8:37 AM
wini
User since 3/27/06

Don’t your pickles get soft after a week or so? I have tried all of these recipes and am usually disappointed after the pickles sit for a couple weeks. They are soft and mushy. Maybe I’m just fussy and like a very crisp pickle. I do find that if I buy smaller pickles and keep them whole, they do stay crispier. I’m told that by adding fresh grape leaves (tannin)the pickles will remain crispier. However I never have any fresh grape leaves available.

8/13/19 @ 6:53 PM
Carpio
MEMBER since 11/5/17

These are so good that I eat them as a snack!  Try them and let me know your thoughts. CARPIO 

8/13/19 @ 9:27 AM
COSMO 1
COSMO 1
User since 9/18/01

My home made Claussen style pickles:

Cosmo's Claussen pickles

10-15 medium/large pickle size cucumbers (wash and cut in quarters) 

BRINE:
2 quarts filtered water

3/4  to 1 cup of white vinegar( your choice of how tangy you want them)

1/4 cup canning salt(i'm cutting back on my salt intake, so if you want you can use 1/2 cup of salt)

heavy 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed

1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes

1 1/2 tablespoon black peppercorns

4 teaspoons of dill seed

1 tablespoon dried diced garlic

bring above brine to a simmer and let it cool, sterilized your canning jars/lids and let cool, put cut cucumbers in the jars carefully squeezing them each jar until just snug. 

as the brine cools the solids in the brine will settle in the bottom of the pan, using a ladle and be careful not to disturb the solids in the bottom put the cooled brine over the cucumbers leaving at least one inch from top of canning jar, followed by two tablespoons of the solids from the brine in each jar. put the lids on(do not tighten) let the jars sit on your counter for two days.  then after two days they are ready to eat (will become stronger as they age) tighten the lids and put in the frig, they will keep for 4-6months or longer?....that is if they last that long....lol 

Then enjoy your "Cosmo's Pickles" Claussen knockoffs

5/6/19 @ 10:04 PM
Ed Franko
User since 5/6/15

I am looking for a cinnamon pickle recipe...OMG are they good.

Big Ed’s Guide Service
(573) 692-6710
9/2/18 @ 4:53 PM
JamesD
JamesD
MEMBER since 2/16/04

Fridge Pickles: 2 cups water, 1 quart vinegar, 2/3 cups salt, 3 cups sugar. Place in pan and bring to a boil and turn off heat. Then toss in 1 chopped onion (at least), the rest is optional: dill, bay leaves, various peppers, etc.   I used to toss a bunch of cukes into the warm solution but now let it cool and the pickles turn out nice and crunchy. I only put in bay leaves and onion last time and they tasted great. Let the cukes sit overnight and enjoy....

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.