MORE
Recipies & Cooking

Pickled Fish

1/2/23 @ 5:45 PM
INITIAL POST
Go-Fish
Go-Fish
PRO MEMBER User since 3/17/02

After enjoying a jar of herring over the last week, I started thinking about pickling some fish, I was surprised I couldn't find a thread on here.  Has anyone done it?  Have a recipe and instructions?    Go-Fish

Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts
3/4/23 @ 11:43 AM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02
I’ve pickled whitefish, northern, white bass and even did a couple of walleye once and all turned out good. One key is to trim off any of the red fat when preparing the fish. I doubt catfish would pickle well as they contain a very high fat content in their meat. 
3/4/23 @ 10:50 AM
hotbait
PRO MEMBER User since 5/16/16
Has anyone tried pickling catfish? I eat northerns. Just interested in what else could be pickled, and still taste good.
2/14/23 @ 1:15 PM
Kutt2
User since 10/31/15

Try red port sometime, the fish pick up some color

2/6/23 @ 7:24 PM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

Mrduck, at 7 days in the pickling brine they were a little light on flavor, at 14 days they have a much better flavor and won’t be around for very long. 

2/6/23 @ 4:30 PM
Mrduck
User since 12/6/22

Eyesman, how did the fish come out? I am waiting for the son in law to drop off a couple of small northerns. Then I will be making some pickled fish.

Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE