SEARCH
MORE
Recipies & Cooking

Pickled Eggs

10/17/14 @ 4:54 PM
INITIAL POST
Bazinga
User since 8/22/10
Does anyone have a really good pickled egg recipe? We have 12 laying hens that are producing way more than we can eat. We made some with a recipe off the internet and they suck! Looking for a good tried and true recipe.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 110 posts
8/23/23 @ 7:22 AM
crosstheeyes
User since 6/10/20
Thanks much fellas, appreciate it!
8/22/23 @ 10:43 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
I wrote down Bugle Trout's recipe a while back and I have made it many times.  Here it is:

Pickled Eggs (Deer Camp Staple)
1 Dozen Eggs, hard boiled
2 Cups White Vinegar, or 1 Cup White and 1 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Cup Water
1 Tbsp Pickling spices
2 tsp Dill seed
1 tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Sugar
Onion Slices
Bring the brine to a boil and simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes. Add peeled hard boiled eggs to a jar and layer sliced onions in between. Pour the brine over the eggs.  Refrigerate and wait about a week to enjoy.
8/22/23 @ 6:17 PM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02
Crosstheeyes, I didn’t save the screenshot of the original pickled eggs recipe. If I remember correctly Bugletrout posted a recipe for pickled eggs, maybe he will see this and repost it or try to message him. I will post a picture of my pickled fish recipe that I use. I had about 2 1/2 cups of that brine left when I did a batch of fish. I added 1 cup of vinegar to the brine to get enough to cover the eggs. They turned out fine, the White Port wine made it a bit sweeter than what I’ve had on other pickled eggs. You could bump up the vinegar and decrease the wine in the recipe.  
Pickled Eggs photo by eyesman
8/21/23 @ 7:23 AM
crosstheeyes
User since 6/10/20
Eyes, I believe you screenshot the recipe for the pickled eggs a while back. Could you or someone else re-post it? I'm not seeing it. I'll write it down this time.....Thanks!
1/22/23 @ 2:06 PM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

Had a 1/2 jar of extra brine from a batch of pickled fish. Boiled up some eggs and added a little more vinegar to cover them. In 10 days we’ll see if it’s any good. 

11/30/22 @ 10:40 AM
surf n turf
PRO MEMBER User since 1/31/07

Yooper eggs

Pickled Eggs photo by surf n turf
6/15/22 @ 2:45 PM
fishon909
fishon909
User since 1/17/13

Thanks for the screen shot. I always use this recipe about 1-2 times a year and was sad when I couldn’t see older posts. Looking forward to a few weeks from now!

11/10/21 @ 9:44 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme

I've been making a lot of pickled eggs the last several weeks, but I've just been using the brine left from whatever I pickled.  I've tried some of the fermenting juice from hot sauce, pickled peppers, and pickles - both spicy and original.  Some are better than others. I think my favorite has been just the dill pickle juice, though the banana pepper juice is good too.

11/10/21 @ 7:47 AM
crosstheeyes
User since 6/10/20

Thank you eyesman, appreciate it!

11/9/21 @ 9:30 AM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

Here are screen shots of BT’s recipe. Lake-Link somehow changed how far back you can view posts on a particular thread or fishing report. Whenever you scroll back  page by page you will run into a notice that there are no posts available. To find older post you have to use the date bar option entering either ascending order or custom date range. You then can see older posts. I did the change to ascending order and that took me back to the beginning of this thread and did screen shots of BT’s recipe post. Note in the screen shot there is the filter options date bar I mentioned. 

11/9/21 @ 8:16 AM
crosstheeyes
User since 6/10/20

Trying to look up BTs pickled egg recipe again, no posts are showing after page 2. Anyone else see this?

12/9/20 @ 3:35 PM
Hogman2010
Hogman2010
User since 11/5/20

Bugle

Do you let your brine cool before adding to eggs?

10/29/20 @ 3:08 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme

Pepperoncini juice works well too.  Tried that this last week. The flavor soaked in real fast.

9/22/20 @ 4:40 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20

I advise making many dozens so you can have some after months of soaking. 

9/22/20 @ 9:30 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01
Re: how long I soak my eggs before eating. 

Two weeks minimum. I prefer three but sometimes the anticipation doesn't allow for that much time. 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 110 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE