Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Pickled Eggs

10/17/14 @ 3:54 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Bazinga
User since 8/22/10
Does anyone have a really good pickled egg recipe? We have 12 laying hens that are producing way more than we can eat. We made some with a recipe off the internet and they suck! Looking for a good tried and true recipe.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 100 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

10/29/20 @ 2:08 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Pepperoncini juice works well too.  Tried that this last week. The flavor soaked in real fast.

9/22/20 @ 3:40 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
User since 7/24/20

I advise making many dozens so you can have some after months of soaking. 

9/22/20 @ 8:30 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01
Re: how long I soak my eggs before eating. 

Two weeks minimum. I prefer three but sometimes the anticipation doesn't allow for that much time. 

9/22/20 @ 8:01 AM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
User since 7/24/20

One of your recipes. Thanks. If you can let them sit for 6 months oh boy! 

7/29/20 @ 9:15 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

I do red beet eggs. It's a traditional Pennsylvania Dutch recipe.

7/29/20 @ 12:18 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER since 6/22/01

I had lots of jalapenos and a few banana peppers from the garden so I pickled them last night.  I use the same recipe as BT's pickled eggs and it works well.  I'll be all set for several months now for pickled peppers.

7/29/20 @ 10:39 AM
Bassmaster+recordeacks2
Bassmaster+recordeacks2
User since 5/14/20

Vlassic banana pepper juice works real well. 

7/27/20 @ 9:31 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER since 6/22/01

I love Bugle Trout's recipe for pickled eggs! I was doing some reading through here and never realized how long BT waits before eating them. Usually after a week the anticipation is too great and I start eating them!

A few modifications that have worked for me is adding some jalapenos for a little heat and, believe it or not, liquid smoke! A former coworker of mine actually pickles his eggs then put them in the smoker for a while. Since I don't have a smoker I figured the next best thing would be liquid smoke.

Has anyone ever used their leftover pickle juice to pickle some eggs? Before I throw out my homemade pickle's juice I always make a batch in it. It doesn't taste anything like BT's recipe but I think they're still really good.

6/10/20 @ 8:42 AM
crosstheeyes
User since 6/10/20

Hey everyone-

Been a LL lurker for many years, finally made an account today. Made all recipies in this thread and all of them turned out great. I've tinkered with adding a few things, but still excellent! Thanks all for sharing.

3/28/20 @ 12:04 PM
Pontoonguy
User since 2/11/19

Tried some pickled eggs from a grocery deli that were horseradish flavor really a nice change they were on the sweet side but with a horseradish bite, anybody have a recipe for sweet horseradish pickled eggs 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 100 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.