SEARCH
MORE
Recipies & Cooking

Pickled Eggs

10/17/14 @ 4:54 PM
INITIAL POST
Bazinga
User since 8/22/10
Does anyone have a really good pickled egg recipe? We have 12 laying hens that are producing way more than we can eat. We made some with a recipe off the internet and they suck! Looking for a good tried and true recipe.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 110 posts
8/23/23 @ 7:22 AM
crosstheeyes
User since 6/10/20
Thanks much fellas, appreciate it!
8/22/23 @ 10:43 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
I wrote down Bugle Trout's recipe a while back and I have made it many times.  Here it is:

Pickled Eggs (Deer Camp Staple)
1 Dozen Eggs, hard boiled
2 Cups White Vinegar, or 1 Cup White and 1 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Cup Water
1 Tbsp Pickling spices
2 tsp Dill seed
1 tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Sugar
Onion Slices
Bring the brine to a boil and simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes. Add peeled hard boiled eggs to a jar and layer sliced onions in between. Pour the brine over the eggs.  Refrigerate and wait about a week to enjoy.
8/22/23 @ 6:17 PM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02
Crosstheeyes, I didn’t save the screenshot of the original pickled eggs recipe. If I remember correctly Bugletrout posted a recipe for pickled eggs, maybe he will see this and repost it or try to message him. I will post a picture of my pickled fish recipe that I use. I had about 2 1/2 cups of that brine left when I did a batch of fish. I added 1 cup of vinegar to the brine to get enough to cover the eggs. They turned out fine, the White Port wine made it a bit sweeter than what I’ve had on other pickled eggs. You could bump up the vinegar and decrease the wine in the recipe.  
Pickled Eggs photo by eyesman
8/21/23 @ 7:23 AM
crosstheeyes
User since 6/10/20
Eyes, I believe you screenshot the recipe for the pickled eggs a while back. Could you or someone else re-post it? I'm not seeing it. I'll write it down this time.....Thanks!

Looking to dig into more data?

Step up and unlock historical postings by upgrading to Lake-Link Pro for as little as $2.99!

More Info

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE