Anyone have any good pheasant recipes?? 

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
1/10/21 @ 10:34 PM
Kutt2
User since 10/31/15

Mexican Pheasant dip.

5.0+ rating 

This is my go to “sure thing”

It looks like crap, and tastes fantastic.

If someone finds a BB, they have to wash the dishes.

Ingredients:

8oz sour cream 

8oz salsa

Can of cream of mushroom soup

Can of cream of chicken soup

2 cups shedded cheese

1 pepper cut up

1 onion cut up

1 lb of pheasant cut up, about 1 bird! Bone out the thighs and legs before cooking. 

Bag of tortilla Chips

Instructions:

1.) Sauté pheasant in butter until done.

2.) Mix all together except chips

3.) heat at 350 for 30 minutes.

4.) Scoop chips in dip.

5.) Invite me 

6.)  Thank me 

1/3/21 @ 12:31 AM
Musky99
User since 8/8/11

We always have a taco night at deer camp.

This year I brought up a bunch of pheasant breasts and put them in a slow cooker. I added two jars of favorite salsa and two envelopes of taco seasoning and once can of diced tomatoes.

Cooked all day in slow cooker and then shredded when we came in from hunting.Laid out a big spread of toppings buffet style.

Guys loved them.

10/23/20 @ 4:36 PM
Casedog
Casedog
User since 10/4/11

Thank you all for the delicious recipes and if anyone else has any please share!

Thanks again 

10/23/20 @ 10:31 AM
esox-xtm
User since 7/18/10

I know... This says chicken but it is killer with pheasant. Reminiscent of stroganoff flavor but different. Don't worry about all the fancy mushrooms either. I like baby bellas and that's what I used for the whole thing. Comes together pretty quick too. Also good for making an impression... 

Chicken with Wild Mushroom and Balsamic Cream Sauce  

Ingredients:  

• Salt 

• 1/2 pound orzo pasta 

• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan 

• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 6 ounces 

• Pepper 

• 2 tablespoons butter 

• 12 cremini or baby portobello mushrooms, sliced 

• 12 shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced 

• 12 white mushrooms, sliced 

• 2 large cloves garlic, chopped 

• 1 tablespoon thyme leaves, a couple of sprigs, chopped 

• 2 large shallots, thinly sliced 

• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 

• 1 1/2 cups chicken stock 

• 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, eyeball it 

• 3 tablespoons heavy cream or half-and-half, a couple turns of the pan 

• 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, a generous handful 

Directions: 

1. Heat a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water and add orzo pasta. Cook to al dente. 

1. Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan. Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper and add to the hot skillet. 

1.  Cook the chicken for 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the pan and cover with foil to keep warm. 

1. Return the skillet to the heat, turn heat back a bit, and add the butter. Once the butter melts add the mushrooms and brown stirring occasionally for about 4 to 5 minutes.  

1. Once the mushrooms are brown season with salt and pepper then add the garlic, thyme and shallots. Cook stirring occasionally for about 2 minutes or until the shallots are wilted.  

1. Sprinkle the flour into the pan and cook 2 minutes more. Whisk in the stock, balsamic vinegar and the cream. Turn the heat up to high and simmer for about 2 minutes or until thickened.  

1. Slice the chicken on an angle. Add the parsley and the chicken back to the skillet to heat up, about 1 minute. 

1. To serve, pile orzo on dinner plates and top with the sliced chicken and sauce. 

10/22/20 @ 7:44 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

Mix Panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and pepper in one dish. 

Crack three or four eggs in the other, dip the pheasant breasts in the egg, and then into the Panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.

put them in an air fryer for 25 minutes at 400 - regular oven works too...

Really good!

10/22/20 @ 6:01 PM
utahman
User since 3/9/03

My dad would salt and pepper, coat them with cracker or bread  crumbs and fry them in  bacon grease or a ton of butter

10/21/20 @ 8:41 PM
migr8r
migr8r
User since 2/8/11

The breasts are good sliced 1/4” thick and used in any stroganoff recipe. 

Or season the breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne and a drizzle of olive oil. Grill on high heat for about 1 minute on each side, just to char slightly. Transfer to a foil container with about 1/2” of BBQ sauce or Pace picante sauce and 1/2 TBSP butter per breast. Cook on medium heat just until cooked thru. Serve on a Keiser roll with raw onions. 

Legs and thighs are best long cooked in a soup or such. They are good smoked and eaten cold however. 

10/21/20 @ 8:28 PM
BrewCrew4Ever
User since 10/27/09

Put the breasts in the bottom of a crock pot and cover with one pack of dry onion soup mix.  Put a cup and a half of rice on top.  Cover the rice with two cans of cream of mushroom, onion or chicken soup.  Add one can of water and one can of milk.  Add an additional can of water if it looks dry.  Cook for about 8 hours on low.  

10/21/20 @ 12:35 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Back when I hunted them more, my wife would make a soup that had turmeric and couscous in the recipe. It was a bit more exotic than your standard chicken soup version but pheasants are exotic.

I also soaked them in a light brine and smoked them. One year my wife's family made the men serve Xmas dinner. My bro-in-law and I made Wisconsin-style jambalaya with smoked pheasant, grilled squirrel meat and crawfish tails. It was delicious but most wouldn't even try it. We had plenty of leftovers and were never asked to cook again.  

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE