SEARCH
MORE
Recipies & Cooking

Lobster Tails

10/21/19 @ 12:36 PM
migr8r
migr8r
User since 2/8/11

I’d recommend just about any other way than to boil them. Steam them if you want them just plain like that. Personally I would grill them or at the very least, broil. Seasoned with a little salt is all that’s needed. By cooking with an actual fire vs water, you’ll char them a bit and bring out more flavor. Water cooking will cook them but won’t enhance any flavor and boiling will actually dilute the flavor.   

I’d cut the shell down the back and split open a little, add a touch of salt and put them right on the grill for only as long as needed to cook thru and that will depend on size. An average 4-6 oz tail won’t take more than 3-4 minutes per side. Pour a little melted butter on them right when you pull them off the grill. Keep it simple. 

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
10/23/19 @ 10:27 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

I forgot to clean that out once, about 5 years ago.  My wife "reminds" me about that every time I grill lobster now.  Ungh.

10/22/19 @ 3:26 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

I take a kitchen scissors and cut away the shell around the tail, just to make it easier to access the meat.  I add salt, garlic and a little lemon pepper.  I then put a little bit of butter flavored olive oil on the meat and set the tail on the grill and let it cook away.

I check it about every two minutes.  When the meat is looking whitish, like a cooked shrimp, I flip the tail to where the meat side is on the grill.  I cook it that way for about a minute, then I'm ready to eat.  With some drawn better, of course.

As stated, the key is to not overcook it.  And I've found the grill to be the best way to eat them.

Oh...and clean the poop chute!  It usually cuts out pretty easily.

10/22/19 @ 8:35 AM
Fishsqueezer
User since 5/19/06

I flip them on their backs and cut the thin membraney layer along both side with a scissors and pull it off. Then I put a generous amount of butter on the exposed meat and a little seafood seasoning, wrap in foil, and on to the grill for maybe ten minutes or so (the ones I get are almost always 4-6oz). Once on my plate, they are unwrapped and I pull the meat out with a fork and enjoy. 

10/22/19 @ 6:45 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

I agree with Bassmaster, the last time I made them I did just like he said, delicious! Just do your best not to over cook them, they get rubbery. On cooking shows I’ve seen them poach them in butter, that could be good also, I may try that next time. 

10/21/19 @ 8:07 PM
Kutt2
User since 10/31/15

For lobster, I might even snuggle    I always grill mine!

10/21/19 @ 6:30 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Sounds delicious. What times dinner? 

10/21/19 @ 4:50 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

I agree, not a fan of boiled at all, your basically washing all the flavor out of them! Grilled is preferred, but broiled if the weather doesn't allow. 

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE