SEARCH
MORE
Recipies & Cooking

Johnsonville sauage grill

8/7/22 @ 9:19 AM
INITIAL POST
Esox JJ
PRO MEMBER User since 6/4/05

I did a search and didn't come up with a previous post about this grill. So my question's are, does anybody have a Johnsonville sausage grill or the sausage grill plus? Pro's and cons about it? Do you like it? Thanks for any responses. JJ

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
8/17/22 @ 7:52 PM
Esox JJ

We ordered one since the reviews from you guys were positive. Came yesterday and didn't have any johnsonvilles to try it out. So today was the day after a trip to the store. I like it. Thanks again for the replies. JJ  

8/12/22 @ 7:41 AM
Sickness7
User since 8/5/22

Have the original for several years, LUV-IT! E-Z to clean. 

The links that are over size I trim to fit and make breakfast patties from remains. 

Bonus breakfast patties!!!

8/11/22 @ 2:30 PM
Wjbk95
User since 4/12/21

I used to be in the same thinking, I grill everything over open fire, there’s no way I would ever own a gas grill.  90 percent of the time I don’t use charcoal but hardwood chunks, building a fire and cooking meat over it is part of the experience for me.  Then wife got me the cooker for Xmas one year, I’ll never do brats on the grill again, it cooks them perfectly every time, no more splitting the skins and juices running all over again.  One tip I would add for cleaning is while it’s still hot take a paper towel and wipe it clean.

The dog does love it when I forget to empty the drip tray, I swear she watches me from around the corner cause the minute I walk out of the kitchen she is at the counter licking it clean.

8/8/22 @ 1:07 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

I, personally, love the grill flavor.  I will light up my charcoal grill and wait 15 minutes to use it before I use my gas grill unless I am in a hurry.  To buy one of these just seems like a waste of space for something I can cook on my grill perfectly.  I have learned to cook brats on a grill low and slow and they taste much better than boiling them in water or beer first, then cooking them.  Again, if in a hurry pre-boiling them in beer is ok, but not ideal.

If I was to get one of these sausage grills for Christmas would I use it?  I'm sure I would.  But for how many times I eat brats a year, I'm not sure it's worth storing it.  Plus, as someone mentioned about other brats I like all kinds of brats besides Johnsonville.  After you've had a good brat from a local butcher it'll blow any Johnsonville away, in my opinion!  There's a whole other thread for that though, lol!

8/7/22 @ 5:49 PM
Mendota Jim
User since 7/1/02

Yep, load it, plug it in and push the one button.  It has a temperature sensor that stabs into the middle brat.  When it's done, it shuts off automatically.  I leave it closed for five more minutes or more and it keeps warm.  External removable grease tray, no splatter and never overcooked or underdone.  I've seen the new version that handles breakfast links and patties, but I just have the original.  It stands up on edge so stores nice.

8/7/22 @ 5:00 PM
Esox JJ

Thanks for the replies so far. Laryallen, that's what I want to eliminate is the charcoal grill because it takes a while for the charcoal to get ready. As for the propane grill you have to stand and turn them often. I guess I'll get one. Thanks again for the replies. JJ 

8/7/22 @ 3:51 PM
E-Tec 1
PRO MEMBER User since 6/27/10

It's GREAT we have had one for years

8/7/22 @ 12:38 PM
chief12300
User since 8/25/10

I love mine! Just a word of caution, this grill is sized to fit Johnsonville sausages perfectly! If you like your brats from the meat market or others, they may be to long and you end up with flat ends on the sausage! They cook just fine, just not as pretty! LOL!

8/7/22 @ 11:55 AM
larryallen
PRO MEMBER User since 12/4/02

Some kitchen appliances are too much trouble to use or clean and don't get used much because of it.  The George Foreman grill for example.  However the Johnsonville sausage grill is the cats meow for brats and italian sausages.  They cook perfectly in 15 minutes and brown nicely.  I no longer use the charcoal grill for these sausages.  Clean up is a breeze because both the top and bottom plates pop out for cleaning. This is one appliance I would highly recommend. 

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE