SEARCH
MORE
Recipies & Cooking

Different ways to cook fish

6/13/18 @ 2:37 AM
INITIAL POST
fishingmaster1997
User since 4/18/12

How does everyone cook their fish other than your standard fish fry? Any interesting recipes?

Personally I’m a big fan of fish fajitas, po boy sandwiches, chowders, and pickled fish. 

If anyone wants the recipes I use let me know, and I’ll share. 

Displaying 16 to 21 of 21 posts
6/18/18 @ 2:04 PM
broz.
broz.
User since 6/22/01

"And I'll take that po boy sandwich recipe if you got it! Love a good ole crab po boy sandwich, never had a fish one."    X2

6/17/18 @ 8:44 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I had great fish this week as we were in Canada and got shore lunch a few days but the biggest treat was the lodge camp fish fry at AML.  They served catfish buffet style.  The breading was awesome and they had a choice of tartar or Frank's Red Hot and sweet chili sauce. 

I may never eat fried fish with tartar again after that!

6/17/18 @ 4:17 PM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04

"Floyd on Fish" had this recipe on TV one night. Take a gutted fish (with head on works), and rub some salt on the inside of the fish. Wrap it, in first one half sheet of newsprint paper and, tucking in the ends. Then repeat with another piece. Next get the paper wrapped fish soaking wet under the faucet. Toss into a 500 degree very hot oven and cook 15-20 min. Test by tapping the scorched paper with a wood spoon. It should sound hollow. Set on a cooling rack then cut and peel back the paper. The skin sticks to the paper and you fork the meat off the bones just like you would a smoked chub. Bigger fish don't work great this way but my skinny 16 inch rainbow turned out perfect.

6/13/18 @ 8:53 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

And I'll take that po boy sandwich recipe if you got it! Love a good ole crab po boy sandwich, never had a fish one.

6/13/18 @ 8:48 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

I've tried fish deep fried, air fried, boiled, baked, broiled, picked, and smoked. My preference will always be deep fried with some Andy's, but I've found that it's fun to mess with the breading to pretty much make a new meal when I want to change it up. Adding parmesan or BBQ seasoning, using corn meal, dipping in eggs first vs pat drying, the options are endless.

Fish tacos are my go-to when the wife isn't feeling a fish fry. I'll bake the fish instead of deep frying it so she feels "healthy". I like a beer batter for fish tacos, but I rarely use beer batter because of the mess and hassle.

I'll pickle a batch of panfish for an annual ice fishing trip each year. I've found that panfish are even better than pike for pickling if you have some to spare. My dad made some smoked pickled eggs that were delicious, I think I'm going to try the concept with fish and see how it turns out.

Last summer I made a spin off ceviche with some panfish. I cooked the fish to be safe, but it came out pretty good.

Walleye, pike and salmon/trout it's hard to beat baked with some dill and butter. Salmon/trout is delicious baked with a layer of pesto and slices of tomato on top. Never tried it with walleye or pike but I'd imagine it would be good.

Displaying 16 to 21 of 21 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE