Cucumber recipes

8/9/17 @ 6:40 AM
INITIAL POST
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

If you have an excess of cukes try this recipe!  Cucumber sandwichs

1 loaf Italian bread sliced

1 1/2 packs of  Hidden Valley dips (dry mix) I used 1 ranch & 1/2 of a dill flavor. 

2 packages of cream cheese softened

5-6 peeled & sliced cucumbers 

fresh dill

mix your dry dip and both cream cheese with a fork, let it sit overnight or at least couple hours. (Don't worry if this tastes a little salty adding cukes to sandwiches balance it out)

to assemble take your bread and slice in half for the smaller pieces of bread and can quarter the larger pieces 

take a good smear of cream cheese mix, spread on bread top with 1-2 slices of cucumber 

Top with fresh chopped dill 

ENJOY!!!

Cucumber recipes photo by ice queen
Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts
9/8/20 @ 8:05 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

I spiced up my fermented pickles recipe by adding several jalapenos in the jar while fermenting.  Best pickles ever!  Give it a try if you like a little kick to your pckles!

8/24/20 @ 11:09 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11
Italian cucumber tomato salad

As many cucumbers and tomatoes (cherry if able) as you want, cut into 1/2" chunks. Onions  and garlic optional. Add italian dressing, roughly the amount you would use on a salad or a little less. 1 tablespoon of vinegar, fresh dill and salt/pepper to taste.

I'm not a huge vinegar and cucumber fan, so I kind of made up this variation which was much more mild on the vinegar and had great taste with the italian dressing.  

8/17/20 @ 7:41 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

I made a version of the cucumber sandwiches from the orginal post this weekend. Followed this recipe but replaced the italian seasoning with ranch. Kids and adults all loved it. Will definitely be making again. 

8/17/20 @ 6:42 AM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02

Refrigerator pickles.

2 cups white vinegar

2 cups water

2 cups sugar.

TBS salt

3 sprigs of fresh dill, or to your liking.

Bring mixture to a medium heat on the stove, stir.

Thin slice cucs in food processor. Cut onions across the grain and separate. Layer in gallon glass jar or gallon ice cream pail. I like to add a hot pepper or two. I add dill in the middle and toward the top. Pour warm liquid over top. Place in fridge for a couple days.

I've made 7 gallons so far.

8/14/20 @ 10:06 AM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04

Lots of good ideas here, and just in time. Mine is not much different but I have tried to cut back on the salt some so I sprinkle the sliced cukes with celery salt and add sour cream, various vinegars, some ranch and or vinagrette dressing. Fridge pickle recipes have been covered in another thread. My wife's family slices them in a bowl splashing in some vinegar and putting in some ice on top, before putting them out on the buffet. Doesn't get any simpler than that. Sandwich sounds good right now too.

8/14/20 @ 9:46 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

I'm a vodka gimlet fan so had to give this a try. It's different, but not bad on a hot summer day. I did 50/50 of sweetened lime juice and water instead of lemonade and fresh limes (didn't have any limes). I think it would have been better making it as the recipe calls, it's almost more of a mojito type drink vs a true gimlet. 

Cucumber lime gimlet

8/14/20 @ 8:48 AM
EZ
User since 7/3/01

Had to add this one too while I'm at it:

For an on-the-boat snack to go with the sandwich or just by itself:

Quarter a fresh cuke into spears,  squeeze fresh lime over spears, and add dash of salt. Keep chilled and eat. Very refreshing on the water, and a bit healthier than potato chips, candy, crackers, or other similar snacks, and easy.  

8/14/20 @ 8:43 AM
EZ
User since 7/3/01

Here's one for a quick-brine cuke salad my wife learned from my Polish mother decades ago;

Prepare the cukes; peel and slice thin, sprinkle and mix with salt, aprox. 1/2 tsp per cuke; let it sit for 2 hours or so.

Prepare the brine (ingredient quantity is per cuke); in a separate bowl, mix 1/4 cup white vinegar, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water, 1/4 tsp celery seed, 1/4 tsp mustard seed.  Stir brine until sugar is dissolved. Drain the salted cukes, dump into the brine mixture, and let sit in fridge for at least one hour, and ready to eat. 

Options: can add onion into the brine when dumping cukes in;  can add pepper to taste.

8/13/20 @ 10:18 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme

Here's something I tried today: 4 cucumbers, sliced as thin as possible, 1 T salt, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, 1/2 Cup Sour Cream, Dill, 1 tsp Garlic Powder, 1 tsp Pepper, 1 tsp celery seed, and the secret ingredient: 1 jalapeno, chopped up fine.  slice cucumbers and salt them.  Place in drainer and remove as much water as possible.  Mix in other ingredients and refrigerate overnight.  I never tried it with the jalapeno before but it gave it a nice kick.

8/11/20 @ 1:24 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme

Any other good recipes to try this year? Cucumbers are coming in 2,3 a day now. I could use a good recipe with dill and sour cream to try this year.

11/28/17 @ 2:06 AM
TimDenvers
User since 11/16/17

Another great cucumber recipe. Nice!

8/15/17 @ 6:15 AM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

Yup my first platter took to work, it didn't see 9:00am!! 

Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE