SEARCH
MORE
Recipies & Cooking

corned venison recipe

3/1/23 @ 11:17 AM
INITIAL POST
utahman
User since 3/9/03

Looks like the old thread is gone.. Iooking to do some for ST. PATTYS. .Ive done it many times but only a couple times with the pink salt. How much pink and kosher salt to how much water? I dont want to poison it with too much pink.What about tenderquick etc...

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
12/9/23 @ 10:30 AM
7thson
User since 6/4/06
Finished Polski's recipe yesterday . Best yet ! Made a reuben right away !! Thanx,
10/15/23 @ 2:54 PM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03
I've been making this a couple times a year for awhile now, My recipe is similar except that I pressure cook it. Also I really prefer to use a neck roast, although shoulders work fine too. I use a large plastic/covered container, anything except aluminum will work.

2 medium neck roast, about 8 lbs total.
2 quarts of water
1 cup of canning/pickling salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup Morten's Tender Quick
1/2 cup Pickling spice
Mix and boil, let cool

Add meat in container with cooled brine,
add enough water to cover meat,
refrigerate for 7 days, stir each day.

Rinse and soak in cold water, 2 hours.
Pressure cook, 45 min. at 10 lbs pressure.
Remove from heat, let cool til pressure is normal
When cool simply pick out all the meat and discard
anything you don't want to eat. Enjoy
3/8/23 @ 6:10 PM
utahman
User since 3/9/03
I actually did find the recipe I used last time, it was at the end of my bookmarks. SIMPLY RECIPES .com HOMEMADE CORNED BEEF. Brine 1gallon water 5 tsp pink, 1cup 3 1/2 tbl  Morton kosher salt, 3 tbl pickling spice , 1/2 cup brown sugar. If using a 2 gallon freezer bag for brining cut the recipe in half. KONA I see you had some recipe on the pastrami rueben thread. Before I started using the pink the meat was all gray and didnt have that extra something flavor.
3/2/23 @ 7:12 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Yeah, I wish they would not have deleted so many recipes/information from the site. I used Tender quick
Below is a recipe I used a couple of years ago. Turned out pretty good.  

2 cups water
6 tablespoons sugar-based curing mixture (such as Morton® Tender Quick®)
½ cup brown sugar
4 ½ teaspoons pickling spice
1 tablespoon garlic powder
6 cups cold water5 pounds boneless shoulder venison roast

Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Stir in the curing mixture, brown sugar, pickling spice, and garlic powder; stir until dissolved then remove from the heat. Pour 6 cups of cold water into a 2-gallon container, and stir in the spice mixture. Place the boneless venison into the brine, cover and refrigerate.Leave the venison in the refrigerator to brine for 5 days, turning the meat over every day.To cook, rinse the meat well, place into a large pot, and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 4 hours. Remove the venison from the pot, and allow to rest for 30 minutes before slicing.

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE