MENU Lake-Link.com MORE

Still Spawning?

6/21/19 @ 9:40 AM
ORIGINAL POST
fishinfool1
fishinfool1
USER since 3/14/10

Where are you and are the Bluegill still spawning?

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
7/10/19 @ 6:18 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

They spawn in water temps 65-80*. Water temp on our lake was just over 80*. They were still active and biting. Only found one with eggs in it. Males weren’t pissing either, so on a typical 200 acre lake in Oneida county I would say they’re finished. Bigger lakes maybe not.

Post Your Comment
7/9/19 @ 12:58 PM
Igor
Igor
USER since 6/20/01

I took some pumpkinseeds home Sunday from Pewaukee and the males were squirting.

Post Your Comment
7/4/19 @ 12:35 PM
7thson
7thson
USER since 6/4/06

I Live in northwest Douglas county , most have bedded and spawned but, there are some still on beds in some of the lakes .Caught some on Tuesday full of eggs yet , released .

Post Your Comment
7/2/19 @ 8:16 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

I cleaned a crappie on Sunday that still had eggs in her. They were mushy like they're being re-absorbed. Guessing that the numerous cold fronts kept them from spawning this year. This was in Oneida County.

Post Your Comment
7/1/19 @ 7:23 PM
Flyrod Man
Flyrod Man
USER since 8/13/09

N/Central Wi.  Bluegills because of the weather did not bed, so they won't spawn.

Post Your Comment
6/25/19 @ 7:59 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

I was up in Vilas last week. Gills were shallow and biting voraciously. Most still had full bellies so we released every one we caught. With the temps this week, I’d bet they’ll drop by Monday of next week. 

Post Your Comment
6/25/19 @ 11:22 AM
Flyrod Man
Flyrod Man
USER since 8/13/09
Many of the gills this year will not spawn due to weather, gills will make 3 attempts to get on the beds, if conditions are not right they will not spawn.  To rough  water or water temp's not good etc.

Post Your Comment