Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Spawner Bluegills Winnebago

4/10/21 @ 6:45 AM
ORIGINAL POST
twelvegaugepump
USER SINCE 7/21/03

I am new to fishing the Winnebago system and was wondering if anyone could share a few tips on finding bluegill spawners. My FIL fishes them in northern WI. Would love to get on some when he is down here visiting. Thanks in advance! Edit - I agree, not going to focus on spawners. Post spawn. Tips appreciated. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

4/22/21 @ 5:59 AM
jumpsteady
USER SINCE 12/25/01

There's some nice Crappies too.

Some of the bays up river can produce. 

Pumpkin seed creek and around the area could be good.

4/10/21 @ 6:52 PM
twelvegaugepump
USER SINCE 7/21/03

Fair, how about what tactics would one use for post spawn bluegills in the Winnebago system?

4/10/21 @ 1:41 PM
John13
USER SINCE 2/6/21

Winnebago Chain is huge,I don't open water fish there.If I did find spawning bluegills I would only do catch and release.The last thing is to post on here, because those spawning bluegills would be history in a few days.

4/10/21 @ 1:05 PM
lip rippin
USER SINCE 4/16/09

Amen good luck with that one .

4/10/21 @ 9:02 AM
Carpio
MEMBER SINCE 11/5/17

You should have left out the word SPAWNERS.       CARPIO 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
Keep your beverages nice and cood with double-walled vacuum insulation from Grizzly. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: GRIZZLY COOLERS - Grizzly Drinkware
Precision trolling with a low profile at an affordable price. Loaded with features, the Convector Low Profile Line Counter will keep you in the strike zone! PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Okuma Convector Low Profile Line Counter Reel
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.