LOGIN
Lake-Link

Trolling Northern Wisconsin Lakes for Musky 2015

7/20/14 @ 1:26 PM
ORIGNAL POST
T.
T.
MEMBER since 1/21/04
For or against? Why? Guides,feel free to tell us if is good or bad... Thank You!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 44 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/29/15 @ 5:45 PM
1up
User since 7/22/06
I am pro to trolling no magic just another tool in the box. If you really want to help the fisheries in northern Wisconsin we need to some how end the spearing period.

5/20/15 @ 2:51 PM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02
Rumor of a July 1 effective date??

3/5/15 @ 5:42 PM
mostlyfishing
User since 6/7/13
I head rumors to so i messages the DNR. See picture

12/5/14 @ 3:47 PM
Ulbian
User since 9/24/03
Can anyone name another state in the United states, which has a law against trolling? The answer is no, because WI is the only state in the United States which has anti trolling laws. We must be smarter then anyone else!

Nope, we're not smart. Smile

12/5/14 @ 1:12 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
I think there are plenty of places in Wisconsin where you can troll all you want. This is not a state of Wisconsin "thing" or problem, it is a specific part of Wisconsin "thing" or problem.

12/3/14 @ 4:50 PM
Floyd2
User since 12/19/08
Can anyone name another state in the United states, which has a law against trolling? The answer is no, because WI is the only state in the United States which has anti trolling laws. We must be smarter then anyone else!

11/15/14 @ 10:46 PM
Z LEADERS
Z LEADERS
User since 1/23/13
This isn't rocket science, its fishing. It's no surprise if the new trolling rule will be put on hold because it was insufficiently written to begin with. All we ask is to keep "trolling" trolling, and "position fishing" position fishing. Please don't merge the two.

Both rules need to be re-written with the emergence of new fishing technologies, methods, managemental goals, and angler investment. How much longer will this remain a gray area?

What does "sucker fishing" have to do with trolling? And how can "trolling" be properly defined without an element of speed no matter how you attain it? (by wind, rowing, electric motor, gas motor)

10/18/14 @ 1:57 PM
Floyd2
User since 12/19/08
Seems the anti-trolling people AGAIN got to Governor Walker. As of now the trolling reg is on "indefinite hold" at the Governor's office. Meaning as of now it will not move on the the legislature for their approval. Seems there are a few row troller lawyers and other power brokers who will not let Walker put his stamp of approval on the new reg. As of now, if Walker wins it looks like there will be no new trolling, including dragging a sucker with a trolling motor. If you would like the Governor to know your feelings, here is an email address: govgeneral@wisconsin.gov Sad

10/16/14 @ 9:08 AM
1up
User since 7/22/06
Previous messageNext messageFull view new trolling law 2015?

new trolling law 2015 Actions Zebro, David A - DNR (David.Zebro@wisconsin.gov) Add to contacts 9:02 AM Keep this message at the top of your inbox To: Brooks, Karl R - DNR, kevin kerstein Cc: OBrien, Matthew M - DNR David.Zebro@wisconsin.gov Kevin, Thank you for asking the below question. I appreciate your efforts to be informed and follow our fishing regulations. The new trolling rule has not been approved yet, and if/when it does, the effective date would, at earliest, be mid-summer 2015. If the rule is approved an angler who is casting and immediately retrieving a lure while having a sucker or other bait trailing behind the boat will be legally fishing. The line which is trailing behind the boat would be considered your one “trolling line” while the line your cast and immediately retrieve is not considered trolling. "Troll" or "trolling" means fishing by trailing any lure, bait or similar device that may be used to attract or catch fish from a boat propelled by a means other than drifting or rowing. Our wardens will still need to interpret if an angler will have two trolling fishing lines. This determination will be considered as a result of looking at the overall intent of the angler and totality of the circumstances. If an angler is immediately casting then retrieving the second line this would not be considered trolling two lines. I hope this answers your question. If not please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thanks again.

10/14/14 @ 6:03 PM
1up
User since 7/22/06
I sent Karl Brooks the Chief Enforcement officer an email for a bright line rule on this for clarification when he emails me back will post same He has helped out tremendously in past with ice fishing question about what is an attended line

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 44 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.