LOGIN
Lake-Link

Trolling for muskies with classic Offshore boards

9/8/14 @ 7:29 PM
ORIGNAL POST
rkloehn
rkloehn
User since 3/20/08
I have a question, i was out trolling last sunday pulling crankbaits specifically rapala super shads, baby depth raiders and lil ernies and i noticed that boards always wanted to drift back to the center. It seemed like the boards lost their dig and just floated on their sides. I still have tattle flags on them. I am wondering one, do i have to remove extra weight of tattle flag and two, do i need to add more weight to the back of my boards to let them ride a little deeper in the water so the dig harder and stay on track. I use the same board size as everyone else so i know they work. Any help is appreciated.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/18/14 @ 11:37 AM
get the frabill
get the frabill
User since 3/23/12
The Off Shore boards run great but I have never run the tattle flags. I would strongly recommend upgrading the boards with the OR-18 Heavy Tension Clip. This will eliminate the boards from ever popping off under the pressure of heavy and hard pulling baits and even larger harder pulling fish. It will save you alot of time and headache and keep your baits in the water and you on course instead of running down rogue boards. let me know if you have any questions.

GTF <*(((><

9/8/14 @ 10:21 PM
Trophy_Taker
User since 4/27/08
I run the same boards and never have a problem. I don not use the tattle tail system on mine as well. I've pulled the same baits as you mentioned and even some bigger jakes with no problem of the board not tracking properly.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.