SEARCH
MORE
Musky Fishing

Tom Gelb passed away

12/29/20 @ 1:45 PM
INITIAL POST
Timmothy A
User since 5/17/09

His book Musky Strategies is the gold standard IMHO of musky fishing books.  He was 71 when he caught his biggest fish, a 53" 50# fish.  He made it all the way to 85.  God Bless his family.  

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
12/30/20 @ 2:14 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

Am very saddened to hear about this.

Tom actually lived (for a while) about half a mile away from where I grew up in Vilas County.

Great man, always had time to give a young kid a few pointers on where and more importantly, how, to fish muskies.

12/29/20 @ 9:39 PM
JDs Customs
User since 9/16/20

Tom was a great man, and great fisherman! Very Sad News!

Tom was influential in the design and production of the butcher molds which produced the depthraider. I’m sure, Tom’s background in the manufacturing business and Harley Davidson, was the expertise in this venture.

Tom had 37 years as VP of Manufacturing at Harley.

JD

12/29/20 @ 5:39 PM
Timmothy A
User since 5/17/09

I read the condensed version of his involvement in musky fishing on the Mucky Hunter Mag site.  I didn't know he and Bucher were tight as in the moon phases and lure development. 

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE