Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Shimano Tranx 400 reel

2/18/21 @ 6:31 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Sswpriz
USER SINCE 5/8/02

I would like to get the shimano tranx 400 reel, left hand with the 5.8:1 ratio. im going to use 80 lb braid on it and throw mostly bucktails, a spinner bait or two and once in a while a top water bait. The problem is right now nobody has that reel in stock. What is the main difference between the 300 and the 400 series ? I do have some time, a few months at least, but time goes by quick. I go musky fishing about 6 times a year presently, but who knows what the future holds. Opinions on either reel is appreciated. TIA

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

3/1/21 @ 6:50 AM
Sswpriz
USER SINCE 5/8/02

Pulled the rigger on a TRX401A, left hand retrieve, 5:8-1 ratio.

These things are hard top find, even online, everyone was out of stock on them.

This reel should do nicely for the amount of musky fishing I do, but i think I'll be doing more this year.

Thanks for all of the help guys. 

2/19/21 @ 1:17 PM
chrome-dome
chrome-dome
USER SINCE 4/4/13

You can get a 300 as long as your not doing double tens or large rubber. Smaller to palm the reel and I use mine for 6-9” cranks, double 8s and spinner baits. 90% of the lures I throw  

I use my 400 for all purpose but on a 9’3” rod to balance things out.  A little big in the hand though. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
Advertise here
Lithium Ion batteries provide a consistent speed and torque from fillet to fillet, without reduced power or slow down as battery power wanes. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: RAPALA - Rapala R12 Fillet Knife Kit
Minn Kota Ultra: Proven in the real world. Year after year. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Ultrex
Whether you’re looking to plan your next fishing trip, or just make the most of your time on the water, the Humminbird FishSmart app can help. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird FishSmart App
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.