Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Shimano Tranx 400 reel

2/18/21 @ 6:31 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Sswpriz
USER SINCE 5/8/02

I would like to get the shimano tranx 400 reel, left hand with the 5.8:1 ratio. im going to use 80 lb braid on it and throw mostly bucktails, a spinner bait or two and once in a while a top water bait. The problem is right now nobody has that reel in stock. What is the main difference between the 300 and the 400 series ? I do have some time, a few months at least, but time goes by quick. I go musky fishing about 6 times a year presently, but who knows what the future holds. Opinions on either reel is appreciated. TIA

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

3/1/21 @ 6:50 AM
Sswpriz
USER SINCE 5/8/02

Pulled the rigger on a TRX401A, left hand retrieve, 5:8-1 ratio.

These things are hard top find, even online, everyone was out of stock on them.

This reel should do nicely for the amount of musky fishing I do, but i think I'll be doing more this year.

Thanks for all of the help guys. 

2/19/21 @ 1:17 PM
chrome-dome
chrome-dome
USER SINCE 4/4/13

You can get a 300 as long as your not doing double tens or large rubber. Smaller to palm the reel and I use mine for 6-9” cranks, double 8s and spinner baits. 90% of the lures I throw  

I use my 400 for all purpose but on a 9’3” rod to balance things out.  A little big in the hand though. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
Advertise here
The Deadeye Custom Series rods are all custom technique specific walleye jigging rods designed for the tournament walleye angler. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Dead Eye Custom Series Rods
Minn Kota Ultra: Proven in the real world. Year after year. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Ultrex
Lithium Ion batteries provide a consistent speed and torque from fillet to fillet, without reduced power or slow down as battery power wanes. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: RAPALA - Rapala R12 Fillet Knife Kit
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.