MORE
Musky Fishing

Revo Toro Rocket versus Shimano TranX 400

6/22/20 @ 3:02 PM
INITIAL POST
esox81
User since 9/12/11

Good Afternoon,

I was hoping I could get some advice.  I'm deciding between the Revo Toro Rocket (7.6:1), Shimano TranX 400 (7.6:1) and possibly the Revo Beast (7.3:1) baitcast reels.

I will be using this for jerkbaits, glidebaits, and larger plastic baits.  I was wondering what most of you all prefer or have been using.   I'm normally a Abu Garcia guy, but have heard great things about the TranX 400 besides the plastic reel handle.   

Also, the ratio on the Revo Beast is a tad bit slower than the 7.6:1 that is on the Revo Toro Rocket & Shimano TranX 400, and was wondering if that is a deal-breaker.  

Any thoughts you can provide will be helpful!

Thanks in advance!

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
6/22/20 @ 10:31 PM
MLL24
PRO MEMBER User since 4/16/16

esox81:

I've been using the Tranx 300HG (7.6:1) on an 8ft  MHF rod for smaller bucktails, jerkbaits and small glide baits.  The only reason I don't throw rubber with it is because the rod I have it on is not really made for that.  The 300 holds its own just fine, and I haven't had any problems with it, so I'm guessing the 400 will do the job for you if you have the rod to match the lures you'll be throwing.

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE