SEARCH
MORE
Musky Fishing

Quick Strike Rigs

10/15/19 @ 9:19 PM
INITIAL POST
bassball
User since 7/25/07

What quick strike rig do you prefer for fishing suckers. 

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
10/22/19 @ 3:21 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

Big Musky,

Much respect for anyone who ties up their own rigs and who tries different kinds.

Thanks for the input!

10/21/19 @ 1:54 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

I don't like crimps with flouro.  They create a pressure point that will fail sooner or later.

And flouro in general can and will fail.  I used to think it would not, then I had muskies shred 130# flouro like it was nothing.  Sometimes they head shot suckers and flouro just won't work in that situation.

They aren't cutting 7 strand or Tyger.  And in my opinion, the 7 strand is more flexible than flouro while blending into the sucker better.

But...to each their own.  

10/19/19 @ 7:56 PM
FISH24-7
FISH24-7
User since 1/10/03

I like 2 kinds. I have had very good luck on the rubber band thru the nose set up. But I have switched to the kind that you spread and clip on. Both work great. Rubber band is a little more effort with the 2lb suckers. 

10/18/19 @ 3:46 PM
chaw
chaw
PRO MEMBER User since 9/11/02

Make my own using Tyger leader. I’m a one treble hook guy as I don’t like a lot of hardware on the leader. To attach I use dental rubber bands. Pretty simple rig. 

10/18/19 @ 2:19 PM
Raptor1850
User since 4/3/10

Z Leaders rigs are by far the best I've used. Local company stocked at Smokeys, Dick Smith, Musky Mikes, Rollies and others, also available through their website. They use the best components and will customize rigs on request.

10/16/19 @ 3:43 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

I make my own, too.  I have flouro rigs and seven strand rigs.  

Used to be flouro was the one getting bitten.  Now it seems like seven strand is getting bit more.

Just a hunch, but i think the seven strand is more flexible and blends in better.

Either way, rigs are very easy to make with a couple hooks, split rings and good knots.

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE