MORE
Musky Fishing

My PB Musky I caught tonight at 50"

10/30/21 @ 10:06 PM
INITIAL POST
Super Lunker
Super Lunker
User since 5/29/06

I caught this big bad boy from shore tonight. It's my biggest musky to date @ 50". Wasn't even fishing for musky's but I caught it, snapped a few pics and let her go to fight another day. Learned the hardway that you should really have gloves on when handling these toothy fish. Dnr warden helped patch me up though.

Video: https://youtu.be/_BT5RGxPE_s

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
11/2/21 @ 7:17 PM
ESOX45
User since 7/1/04

Congratulations.  She's a beauty.

11/2/21 @ 2:11 PM
Super Lunker
Super Lunker
User since 5/29/06

Yea sadly I didn't have my tape measure or my big net on me as they where left in the car. Always be prepared in hindsight. But I put the fish next to my fishing pole and then measured that after to get the length in the end and she was right at 50" long. I really didn't want her to be out of the water too long (under 2 minutes) so I released her right away so that hopefully someone else could feel the immense joy of catching such a monster musky in the future. But while holding it for a few pictures it thrashed around a bit and got my thumb real bad with it's giant sharp teeth, so next time I'll be sure to have proper gloves on before handeling such a big toothy fish, but luckily a DNR warden was there on scene to help quickly patch me up as I was bleeding pretty bad afterwards.

But oh boy it truely was a fish of a lifetime, one that I will forever cherrish the memory of and I'm glad that I could share it with y'all. As I usualy don't ever land fish that big using only 6-8lb test mono.

But also for those wondering I actually caught her on my first cast at Babcock Park at approximately 7pm. She was holding right above the dam and bit on a 3" white twister tail grub on a 1/8th oz white jig.

There always seems to be a big predator hanging out in that area for me. But not much luck after catching that one. She was the apex preditor and probably scared away all the walleyes that night. Which is what I was actually fishing for when I caught this mega beast!

But yea the guy at Dorn: Bait & Tackle actually told me that I could probably get a good replica made with the aid of the pictures that I took, so hopefully when moneys less tight I can get one commissioned to be made.

But if anyone has any suggestions of a good taxidermist that does good replica work I'd be glad to hear your suggestions.

Tight lines and good luck everyone as the fall feeding frenzy is upon us for sure. Where all the fish I've been catching lately have been real fat and healthy looking largely due to all the forage bait loaded in these lakes currently.

Slow finesse fishing with artificial baits going for reaction strikes has been the ticket for me lately over live bait but that should surely change soon.

11/2/21 @ 6:01 AM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21

Great job Super Lunker? Seeing you weren’t fishing for Ski’s, what pound test did ya have on? Awesome bonus coming from shoreline!! 

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE