SEARCH
MORE
Musky Fishing

Musky Trip Ideas-Shore Fishing

7/28/21 @ 12:11 PM
INITIAL POST
Rippl1
User since 7/28/21

Just looking for some ideas on places to fish muskies from shore. Money is tight so I am not pulling the boat across the midwest anymore this year. I’ll be Finishing out the last half of the season packing the truck full of camping gear and casting from shore and wading. Any ideas on some wild and scenic musky spots in northern WI, the upper peninsula of Michigan or northern Minnesota? Also, if its a spot I can switch it up and cast for big smallies and walleyes too...even better! Thanks!!

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
7/30/21 @ 11:48 AM
Rippl1
User since 7/28/21

Nice Vegas. That sounds like a great trip. I’m putting it on the list!!! Thanks for the idea!!

7/29/21 @ 1:43 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

I did a musky trip, about 20 years ago, with a bunch of friends and we fished the Black River.  Popped up a few tents, jumped into the water with shorts and shoes, then walked the river finding deeper pools and throwing rapalas.

We caught a bunch of muskies that way.  Along with some eyes and bass.

Had a great fish fry and slept really, really good that night.

7/28/21 @ 6:39 PM
Rippl1
User since 7/28/21

Yeah I’ve been to the flambeau. Good water. Just looking for something new and exciting and good action. What’s your favorite river excluding the flambeau??

7/28/21 @ 4:54 PM
NPike_Guy
NPike_Guy
User since 8/25/08

Pretty much every dam on the Wisconsin river has shore fishing opportunities for skis, smallies, and eyes. Not always the most scenic but there's definitely fish. The Flambeau, Chippewa, Jump, Menominee, Black, and Paint rivers also have skis. There's endless miles of musky rivers to fish!

7/28/21 @ 12:53 PM
oncebitten
oncebitten
User since 12/7/17

Sounds like a fun. 

Hope you get some good suggestions sorry I don't have any.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE