MORE
Musky Fishing

home made baits vs store bought?

9/23/14 @ 12:18 PM
INITIAL POST
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10
just recently started about a year ago making our own bucktails. Very educational!! You can make any color, shape, size from deer hair to feathers and blades galore! Yes there is the right time to use blades etc.. dont get me wrong I do fish with store bought baits such as a bulldawg, but the gratification of catching a monster on something you made is pretty cool. this fish was on a blade yes there was a happy dance on that one!!
Displaying 46 to 60 of 127 posts
1/18/19 @ 8:38 PM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

Woohoo love my article in Musky Hunter Magazine!!! Thanks to Tony Grant and Gregg Thomas got the opportunity to share my story, this magazine is only going to get better!!

12/24/18 @ 5:28 PM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

Merry Christmas and happy New Years to my fellow Musky nuts!!!

11/4/18 @ 7:50 PM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

Ok I know they are not Musky Baits but..... this is what you do when you get rained out bow hunting or fishing !! Ya get creative deer antler key chain and I found old turkey beard from husbands turkey last year, made from shot gun shell! Hang from truck mirror maybe??

9/29/18 @ 3:57 PM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

Was out on local lake this morning we saw 3 ended up with a 32 on a bull dawg and a 28 inch snot rocket on my mad squirrel!! 

8/12/18 @ 11:21 AM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

Some “bushy” tails done for a fellow lake linker!! Love the colors you chose go and catch your dream!!

6/23/18 @ 8:20 PM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

Getting some mad squirrels tied up for a large order looking awesome 

5/21/18 @ 12:26 PM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

Here are some pretty girls going to Michigan!! Hope you catch your dream and thank you for your order!!

5/10/18 @ 10:48 AM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

Suspendedmuskie that would be a bring back bait for sure!!! Kinda of like a suick 

5/9/18 @ 8:13 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
PRO MEMBER User since 12/9/08
Anybody remember a bait called the "stalker"?  It was a deep running jerk/pull bait from the 1980's, early '90s. 

I was digging through an old tackle box of mine and came across my homemade version of the Stalker (I believe I made this in 1987).  A buddy of mine caught a couple of mid-40 inch fish on this lure back then.  Anyway, after I found it, I think I am going to repaint it, re-hook it, and give it a shot for old times sake.

5/6/18 @ 7:28 PM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

Burroak welcome to the obsession!!!

5/6/18 @ 7:17 PM
burroak
burroak
User since 6/26/01

I have been making my own musky and bass lures since I took classes at the musky school seven years ago.  Surface lures like a Zara Spook/Jackpot are much easier than I have even made one similar to a Top Raider, Jitterbug, and a Globe.  Also tie my own bucktails.  Lots of fun catching a fish on one that you made

5/3/18 @ 8:06 PM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

Woo hoo can wait to try my new custom rod this weekend!!! Love the custom paint!! It is a Thorne brothers predator blank 8’6” heavyweight.

4/26/18 @ 1:45 PM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

Here are a few more for my husbands recognition, not to bad especially when we are only casting/jigging!!

4/26/18 @ 1:41 PM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

Thank you to everyone for all the encouragements the past years .  Received some nice recognition from our chapter 35 Muskie inc club!!! 

Hope to see some of you out at Smokies on Saturday 4/28/18 for the mistake on the lake!!

4/14/18 @ 7:05 PM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

https://d3efjls8gnbg8i.cloudfront.net/1642134/122477949.mp3?rhihttphost=wssp.hosted.cx

Hope this comes through was a great show today on 105.7 the fan!! WOW it actually worked don’t know how I did it :) LOL

Wait until you get to the 21-18 minute mark for a good laugh!! Love all you guys and gals!!

Displaying 46 to 60 of 127 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE