LOGIN
Lake-Link

home made baits vs store bought?

9/23/14 @ 12:18 PM
ORIGINAL POST
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10
just recently started about a year ago making our own bucktails. Very educational!! You can make any color, shape, size from deer hair to feathers and blades galore! Yes there is the right time to use blades etc.. dont get me wrong I do fish with store bought baits such as a bulldawg, but the gratification of catching a monster on something you made is pretty cool. this fish was on a blade yes there was a happy dance on that one!!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 117 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/1/20 @ 9:27 AM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

Mskyadk..... very nice!!!! Have not tried my hand at making or painting “hard” baits.

8/30/20 @ 8:33 PM
mskyadk
User since 11/11/01

And my new cisco. Needs epoxy.

8/30/20 @ 8:32 PM
mskyadk
User since 11/11/01

My new perch. Needs epoxy.

8/4/20 @ 7:59 PM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

YES Phat Walleye now that’s what I’m talking about!!!! Love your story, one of my biggest came on a bou buck that was hot pink saw the whole thing go down when the fish hit the bait at boat side. Once in the net, and unhooked her I actually sat down and started to cry and said “I made that bait”

Keep up the good work work, would love to see some of your creations!!

8/4/20 @ 11:03 AM
Phat Walleyes
Phat Walleyes
User since 3/31/15

I like the satisfaction I get from making my own lures... The whole process... It's art really... Like a musician, carpenter, cook, writer, even a snowman maker... My PB musky came on a first cast second pull at a place I never caught a fish before... But I prepared myself for it in every possible way... Except for its size... What a thrill... 

I had one bigger and it opened my snap on my leader as if it were a paperclip... Lesson learned ... Now I change those out first thing... How could I have not thought of that?!!

I saw this fish inhale my lure as it stalked it... It came back jumped out next to me danced on its tail like a hula dancer for a few shakes and dove back in + took off downstream! And that was the last I seen her, except for her opening her mouth and shaking her head above water in the rapids... Not much later slack line after my snap gave, unknowingly just a story now... Those are hardest!

8/3/20 @ 10:38 AM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

Wow!!! Had the chance to make a “show piece” for M & W marine in Hales Corners WI. Love it when I can use the creatively to make a bait that will never see water- will be on display in their showroom!

5/22/20 @ 5:33 PM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

Omg! I need to stay out of the baits shops!! Made a frogger for my box!!

4/30/20 @ 8:39 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

I've been sharpening the hooks on the baits that you made me!  :)

And getting out scouting weeds and finding some crappies here and there.

4/28/20 @ 1:38 PM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

Ok don’t know what everyone else is doing during their lockdown?  I’m trying my hand at tying up some jigs for musky! First time not to shabby!  Also , getting some tinsel bucks done up.

What’s everyone else been doing???

2/28/20 @ 2:54 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

Dang those are gorgeous lures!  Can't wait to get mine!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 117 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.