SEARCH
MORE
Musky Fishing

CATCH & RELEASE PHOTOS WHEN FISHING ALONE

1/22/16 @ 5:48 AM
INITIAL POST
ButtsD
User since 12/20/12
Veteran fisherman... looking for some feedback on the best options for taking quality camera photos of yourself and the fish when you fish alone most of the time. Happy trails, ButtsD
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
1/25/16 @ 6:30 AM
1cast-away
User since 2/2/09
I set my smart phone up in the boat and turn on the voice command on the camera. Works pretty good. Practiced a few times so I know where to set everything up.
1/24/16 @ 8:32 AM
Adam@HonestMusky
User since 1/20/16
All responses here are excellent. That is exactly how I do. I have only done the mini tripods with the multijointed legs. The ram mount seems more stable though. Go pros have great burst features and a multitude of user friendly mounts.
1/23/16 @ 3:25 PM
Scott F
User since 6/12/10
I have used both a tripod and and a Ram camera mount on my boat to take "selfies". I made some practice shots so I knew in advance where to place the tripod and how to set the camera. After hooking the fish, leave it in your net while turning on the camera and setting the auto timer. Hit the button, grab the fish from the net and hold it up. I took this picture using this method while fishing alone. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
1/22/16 @ 10:03 AM
scmuskies
scmuskies
User since 10/14/03
Most new(ish) digital cameras have timers and "burst" mode where you can set them to take 4-10 pictures after the timer goes off. It works well - set timer, get fish out of net, take pictures, and then release. You can then pick the best of the ones taken. It's easiest to practice ahead of time without a fish - get the camera in a set position & play around with where you are in the boat to get it dialed in for when you get a fish. sc
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE