SEARCH
MORE
Missouri Hunting Reports/Discussions

Squirrel Hunting

6/5/15 @ 9:25 AM
INITIAL POST
Ed Franko
User since 5/6/15
Had a chance the other day to sneak out in the woods for a few hours. It was a cool windless day and the squirrels were active. I took my 17 HMR that my son bought me and it shoots great. However I did learn that head shots are a must. Got a limit faster than it took me to clean them for sure. I will have to tell you that Fried Squirrel. mashed potatoes biscuits and squirrel gravy is hard to beat. Can wait to go again. I am so lucky to live in a area loaded with game and a great lake to fish. I truthfully could sit on my front porch kill a deer shoot a turkey limit out on squirrels just about any day. I can tell you how many times we have walked out the front door and had a deer about run you down.
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
8/21/16 @ 11:10 AM
Ed Franko
User since 5/6/15

These cool mornings makes me think of squirrel hunting.. Oh for a mess of fresh ones.. 

8/9/16 @ 10:44 AM
Ed Franko
User since 5/6/15

Starting to get the want of some fried squirrel.  Need to go out and hunt some of those tasty morsels. I wish it would cool down a little.. 

6/2/16 @ 3:45 PM
Ed Franko
User since 5/6/15

Went for a few hours yesterday morning and got several.. My father in law is like dead eye and got a limit and only missed 2 shots.   DEAD EYE  He told me he had not zeroed in his rifle yet and didn't expect to hit much... Yea right ! 85 years old and a crack shot. This man loves the outdoors for sure. He already has cut split and stacked about 15 cords of wood so it has time to season.. He told his doctor that after about four hours of cutting wood he is starting to wear down.  Imagine that at his age. Only to be so lucky!

5/16/16 @ 1:26 PM
Ed Franko
User since 5/6/15

The 20146 spring season is just around the corner . I can't wait to go out a get a bunch of those little critters. 

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE