MORE
Minnesota Hunting Reports/Discussion

Deer Season

11/6/14 @ 12:00 PM
INITIAL POST
Master_Piker
Tommy Howell
User since 7/11/11
Another season is upon us with forecast for few deer, cold weather, and bucks only. How many guys are headed out saturday morning for another MN season. Wouldn't it be nice to have a lot of deer, nice temps, etc. for a change?
Displaying 1 to 15 of 15 posts
11/14/16 @ 1:53 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

I was out all day yesterday, seen 4 does, none shootable.  I am still looking for a close shot that I can take with my revolver.  I don't need to shoot anything, and I want it to come with my 44.  I don't even take anything else into the woods with me.

11/12/16 @ 9:45 PM
no-luck
User since 12/14/12

Tim thanks it did suck, my brother had a shot at the same deer yesterday afternoon in the same spot, clean miss.  I took a nice doe, guessing 3 years old this am and called it a season.  Does seen yesterday and today where back with their fawns.  Rut maybe coming to the end inn that area.

11/10/16 @ 11:01 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

no-luck, that stinks.  At least you know he's out there, keep huntiung heh buddy

11/8/16 @ 1:33 PM
no-luck
User since 12/14/12

Opening morning, 9:00, 10 pt. about 18 inch and 4 does surprise from my far right, all stop 20-25 yards from me, buck perfectly positioned behind two trees so all I can see is the outside tips of his rack and his nose when he turns his head. 3-4 minutes of this this game, then the hot doe curls her lips and takes off the way they came from, no chance for a shot.  Alot of words under my breath for the next ten minutes.

11/7/16 @ 11:03 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

You guys be careful that are hunting in Stands.  A buddy of mine Tommy Skarlis fell out of his stand this weekend.  He got airlifted to the hospital wtih a broken neck.  He is not parylized but needs emergency surgery, praying for him and his family.

11/7/16 @ 11:01 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

No luck for muself and son either.  We were hunting private land and found too many tresspassers, makes for a wonderful day in the woods when you are sitting in your stand and a guy comes waltzing into the woods making a bunch of racket and sets up his stand not 50 yards away.  Buddy what are you doing?  I finally had to go talk to him.  Well gee I had permission from the guy that owned this property 7 years agao to hunt here.  Hmm 7 years ago, time to get lost.

11/1/16 @ 10:04 PM
no-luck
User since 12/14/12
Hunting with my brother in the Zumbrota area.  He reports that crops are coming out nicely and has seen bucks on the run, in fact to close as one t-bones his PU Sunday.  My hopes are high.
11/1/16 @ 2:22 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Nobody going hunting this weekend?

10/31/16 @ 11:41 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Who's hunting this weekend?

10/11/16 @ 8:33 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Anybody been out scouting, setting up stands etc?  I used to be a die hard deer hunter, hunter rifle and black powder seasons.  Don't have the drive as much as I used to, I would rather fish now.  But I last year I picked up a 44 Revolver, I do have the itch to shoot a deer with that however.

11/13/15 @ 1:09 PM
Tommy Howell
User since 7/11/11
Thanks Tim, much appreciated. She's a tough girl, first battling cancer at age six, and now this. Broke her pelvis in three places, concussion, among other things. She's my hero!! A lot tougher then her dad.
11/9/15 @ 10:10 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12
Tommy Howell, sorry to hear about your daughter, hope that she is getting better. Don't messs with my kids, accidental or on purpose!
11/3/15 @ 7:26 PM
Tommy Howell
User since 7/11/11
Hey Drptine, good luck with your season this year. I'll be sitting this one out, my daughter was hit in a pedestrian auto accident, so it's been a lousy fall for getting ready to hunt.
10/24/15 @ 1:49 PM
drptine
User since 6/6/07
Hopefully this year will be a little better. Lots of 2.5 year old bucks showing up on camera with a few shooters. Also nice to be fiinally seeing some fawns. Nov 7th isnt far away.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 15 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE