LOGIN
Lake-Link

Help on Rainy?

7/4/15 @ 10:03 PM
ORIGNAL POST
O-Dog59
User since 5/12/06
Hi,

Taking family on houseboat to Rainy Lake in 3 weeks. (Late July) I am a competent fisherman, though by no means an expert. I plan on targeting multi species. I have a Lund with adequate electronics (2 depth finders, GPS, no sidefinder) and a kicker. Here's my plan of attack. If anyone can offer any specifics or corrections or improvements to my plan please let me know your thoughts. any help would be appreciated.

Waldos:

Backtroll windy shorelines with either Lindy rigs or bottom bouncers with leeches...copper or chartreuse blades.

Bronzebacks:

Look for suspended fish on rocky main lake points throw deep running neutrally boyant crankbaits or throw jig and pig crawfish imitators. Bright or copper colored crankbaits. Jig and twistertails...

Gators:

Look for submerged cabbage and throw spinnerbaints...white with Bronze blades?

Troll mainlake shorelines with big spoons or rapalas.

Any help would be appreciated!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
3/13/18 @ 1:18 PM
pikeslayer101
User since 3/12/18

Just went fishing at rainy lake earlier today caught a few massive pike reading in at about 38-42 inches. Caught a lot of smaller ones and kept those too.  Hope to go back soon.

7/13/15 @ 11:32 PM
Big Mack
User since 2/23/04
I was up to Rainy a little later in the year than you will be. I only fished for walleyes, and they were deep on the edges of the mid lake reefs. Usually found them from 25 to 35 feet. The reefs would come up from really deep water and top off anywhere from 15 to 25 feet.

Lindy rigs with a minnow worked best for us.

Have fun. It's a great area.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.