SEARCH
MORE
Minnesota Fishing Discussion

Fishing lake with no public access

6/3/22 @ 1:40 PM
INITIAL POST
Elijah!with
User since 6/3/22

I took my brother and two nephews fishing at Lake Coffee by Moose Lake MN two weeks ago and was told very rudely that it is a privet Lake.  We didn't access the lake through anyone's property.  We parked on the side of the road where we were told we could park and started to fish.  An hour later we were approached by a very angry man threatening us.  Being the kind gentle man I am ( FALSE) Hahahaha I started being rude back.  My point is, are there any privet lakes in MN we aren't able to fish?

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
6/4/22 @ 10:04 AM
MRGLAX
User since 10/20/05

If you can legally get to the water you can fish it.  If a water body is completely surrounded by private property then it is in effect private unless you have permission from a landowner or a helicopter to drop you off in the lake and you never set foot on the shore.  A good resource for finding out who owns what is the parcel viewer on the GIS website of whatever county the water body is in.  Not all counties have interactive maps but most do.  I took a look at the lake you mentioned and it looks like you would be ok if you fished the spot right where the lake bumps up against Hwy 61 as that's within the right of way of the highway.

6/3/22 @ 1:56 PM
Fin Bender
Fin Bender
User since 9/16/11

Most wardens take this crud very seriously. Top priority from what I've seen. Call them.

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE