SEARCH
MORE
Kayak Fishing

Roof racks

2/3/21 @ 3:35 AM
INITIAL POST
josdale
User since 1/16/20

I’m going to be using my kayaks more frequently come time for my vacation and now that I don’t have access to a vehicle to transport them, has anybody done this successfully with basic roof racks (I have Nissan Pathfinder)? Tips, suggestions, or roof rack pics would be nice!

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
5/1/22 @ 10:13 AM
coosabass2011
coosabass2011
PRO MEMBER User since 12/22/08

Check out the EZ Rec Rack, you can google it.  I have used one for 3 years with an 85 lbs., 13.5' NuCanoe Pursuit and love it.  Mine is on a ladder rack on a Silverado but it should work on any SUV with good roof racks mounted.

2/26/21 @ 11:30 PM
redline
redline
User since 1/14/13

I’ve been hauling around kayaks for several years - on top of cars to start with, when I was much younger. Now driving a SUV, Sante Fe. I prefer having rollers on the back to put my 12’ kayaks on or off. Especially when I’m alone. They also ride great while flat.

2/13/21 @ 11:53 AM
crawdaddy
User since 7/11/01

This is what I would get...

2/13/21 @ 11:47 AM
crawdaddy
User since 7/11/01

Should be no trouble getting a roof rack with J- Shaped kayak carrier.  I had them in my old Trailblazer.

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE