MORE
Kayak Fishing

Paddle suggestion for a beginner kayak fisherman

6/19/20 @ 6:31 PM
INITIAL POST
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

Does anyone have a suggestion for a beginner? I'm looking to stay under $100. I plan on using it on a small lake mostly, and maybe some slower rivers. I have a sit on top fishing kayak (10 foot). I am a short guy, 5'8", so any length suggestions would also be great. I am as ignorant as they come with kayaks. Thanks

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
7/19/20 @ 12:00 PM
Minfam
User since 2/16/20

I own a couple kayaks while not an expert something to consider if you do alot of it and in cold weather.  Fiberglass paddle shaft won't suck the heat out of your hands like a metal one will.

6/22/20 @ 8:04 AM
A5¢
A5¢
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/09

If you are ever in the Madison area, stop in at Rutabaga sports. They have a ton of equipment that you can look at and even try it out.

6/20/20 @ 5:36 PM
gater
User since 11/25/07

As far as length of the paddle for a kayak goes it has nothing to do with the kayakers height or the length of the kayak. It goes by the width of the kayak.  The wider the kayak the longer the paddle you should use. 

6/19/20 @ 10:09 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

paddle sizing

its not an exact science 220-230

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE