INITIAL POST
bass2403
User since 10/15/03
Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
7/1/22 @ 10:49 AM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

JM, that is the most organized garage I've seen in a long time... talking about my Dad's... I try, but nothing like his or yours... very nice!

like the custom shelving

7/1/22 @ 10:38 AM
Clay34
User since 3/22/08

Check your owner's manual.  If you don't have a copy you can probably find it on the manufacturer's website.  

A 50 or 60 pound kayak will have different requirements than a 140 pound yak.  If you use a hoist make sure the system is designed for your weight requirements.  A new Hobie PA14 with seat and drive weight 148.5 pounds with nothing else in the boat.  

6/13/22 @ 3:29 AM
JennaMarie
JennaMarie
User since 5/20/22

Mine are currently on my trailer otherwise I'd take a better photo of the set up but you get the idea.. I also directly hook the handles to the hooks.. I'm very happy I installed the pulleys

Kayak Ideas photo by JennaMarie
Kayak Ideas photo by JennaMarie
4/26/22 @ 3:25 PM
Big Yonsson
Big Yonsson
PRO MEMBER User since 9/29/03

Any photos how you hang it in the garage?

6/17/21 @ 12:35 PM
bass2403
User since 10/15/03

I have a shelf i put the kayak on in winter. I have a very full garage ,I need the kayak up out of the way. I thought hanging it the way I said would hold it good.

6/17/21 @ 11:28 AM
kmanster
kmanster
User since 7/5/06

We used 2x4's with carpet.  Works great.  We made sure to sure very large ( 4") Deck screws as my 12 footer is heavy :)

6/17/21 @ 8:07 AM
bass2403
User since 10/15/03

The indoor outdoor carpet and 2 x 2 s don't weigh much. I have everything for this so I'll try it.

6/17/21 @ 3:49 AM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
User since 12/7/05

For hanging our kayaks, I bought bicycle hoists. The hooks that hook under the seat and on the handlebars of a bicycle hook perfectly on the handles on the ends of the kayak. Toss your paddles, life jacket, etc. inside the kayak, hook the hoist ropes to each end and they lift right tight to the ceiling! If you don't have handles, tie a 4-6" loop of rope and hook it on that. I have 9' ceilings, so this would be a pain without this system. It would require a step ladder and two people. You can customize the spacing of the pulleys by spanning the trusses with a piece of 2x4. My wife is 5'2" and 110# and has no problem hanging our kayaks by herself from the safety of the concrete floor. The best part? The kits are $10 at Menards! I have an Old Town Guide 119 solo canoe as well, which I purchased the actual kayak hoist for since that weighs a little more than the kayaks do. It works great as well!

Kayak Ideas photo by Master_Piker
6/16/21 @ 8:28 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

I just use these straps cheap and effective. Just carry your kayak up to them and slide them thru the 2 straps as they hang from a ceiling joist. When kayak is in place you cinch it all up to the ceiling. I do have to use a step ladder to pull on straps and get kayak all the way up to ceiling and down again

I dont see why you need lumber and carpet. That will make for a heavier load

6/16/21 @ 5:00 PM
bass2403
User since 10/15/03

for hanging my kayak I thought about using 2  2 x2 s the length of the kayak and stapling or screwing  carpet to it. then you could put eye hooks in the ends . You could wrap it around the kayak ,then put the hooks from the hoist thru the eye bolts.  

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE