ORIGINAL POST
bass2403
USER SINCE 10/15/03

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

6/17/21 @ 12:35 PM
bass2403
USER SINCE 10/15/03

I have a shelf i put the kayak on in winter. I have a very full garage ,I need the kayak up out of the way. I thought hanging it the way I said would hold it good.

6/17/21 @ 11:28 AM
kmanster
kmanster
USER SINCE 7/5/06

We used 2x4's with carpet.  Works great.  We made sure to sure very large ( 4") Deck screws as my 12 footer is heavy :)

6/17/21 @ 8:07 AM
bass2403
USER SINCE 10/15/03

The indoor outdoor carpet and 2 x 2 s don't weigh much. I have everything for this so I'll try it.

6/17/21 @ 3:49 AM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
USER SINCE 12/7/05

For hanging our kayaks, I bought bicycle hoists. The hooks that hook under the seat and on the handlebars of a bicycle hook perfectly on the handles on the ends of the kayak. Toss your paddles, life jacket, etc. inside the kayak, hook the hoist ropes to each end and they lift right tight to the ceiling! If you don't have handles, tie a 4-6" loop of rope and hook it on that. I have 9' ceilings, so this would be a pain without this system. It would require a step ladder and two people. You can customize the spacing of the pulleys by spanning the trusses with a piece of 2x4. My wife is 5'2" and 110# and has no problem hanging our kayaks by herself from the safety of the concrete floor. The best part? The kits are $10 at Menards! I have an Old Town Guide 119 solo canoe as well, which I purchased the actual kayak hoist for since that weighs a little more than the kayaks do. It works great as well!

6/16/21 @ 8:28 PM
river_chaser
USER SINCE 10/3/12

I just use these straps cheap and effective. Just carry your kayak up to them and slide them thru the 2 straps as they hang from a ceiling joist. When kayak is in place you cinch it all up to the ceiling. I do have to use a step ladder to pull on straps and get kayak all the way up to ceiling and down again

I dont see why you need lumber and carpet. That will make for a heavier load

6/16/21 @ 5:00 PM
bass2403
USER SINCE 10/15/03

for hanging my kayak I thought about using 2  2 x2 s the length of the kayak and stapling or screwing  carpet to it. then you could put eye hooks in the ends . You could wrap it around the kayak ,then put the hooks from the hoist thru the eye bolts.  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
Advertise here
Brand new for 2021, these technique-specific bass rods now feature advanced SCIII+ carbon blank and St. Croix's proprietary IPC®, FRS, TET technology for stunning performance at an unbelievable value. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Victory Spinning Rods
The Deadeye Custom Series rods are all custom technique specific walleye jigging rods designed for the tournament walleye angler. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Dead Eye Custom Series Rods
New CUSTOM Colors! The perfect choice when you want a lure that runs straight and true, even when running fast and deep. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: RAPALA - Down Deep Husky Jerk - NEW Custom Colors
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.