SEARCH
MORE
Kayak Fishing

Inflatable Kayaks ?

12/24/22 @ 1:01 PM
INITIAL POST
Bob P.
User since 8/8/07

Curious if anyone here has any experience with inflatable kayaks?  Advantages seem to be portability and weight. Disadvantages ???  So far i have been looking at Sea Eagle, NRS, and Aquaglide. Thanks for any insight in advance.

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
1/29/23 @ 8:03 AM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21

Chrome, I just looked that one up after you posted. It looks like a well put together design. That pump is reversible so you can suck remaining air out. The adjustable footrests and seats are really nice. I’ll have to watch some vids and read the reviews. That thing would be awesome up north.

1/28/23 @ 5:03 PM
chrome-dome
chrome-dome
User since 4/4/13

I bought the intex excursion pro 2 person kayak from Amazon. I use it just for a one person rig and it works great. Got good reviews snd I can say the reviews are accurate. 

1/22/23 @ 10:45 PM
Bob P.
User since 8/8/07

Chrome-Dome replied....

"Bought one last year and used it a couple of times. I thought it worked out great. I mostly use float tubes because of the fact I have my hands free. For what I use it for it is good to transport my tube down a lake then use the tube. I still have to rig out the kayak. During the float tube show I did with Larry Smith Outdoors, the camera guy used it and said he was impressed with it and he had kayaking experience."

Interesting. What brand /model did you buy?

Thanks

12/25/22 @ 7:17 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

Ive owned dozens of kayaks and canoes none inflatable so I cant advise on the inflatables. 

I just dont see the advantage of inflatables when it comes to weight vs a canoe made of royalex or kevlar

12/25/22 @ 3:15 PM
chrome-dome
chrome-dome
User since 4/4/13

Bought one last year and used it a couple of times. I thought it worked out great. I mostly use float tubes because of the fact I have my hands free. For what I use it for it is good to transport my tube down a lake then use the tube. I still have to rig out the kayak. During the float tube show I did with Larry Smith Outdoors, the camera guy used it and said he was impressed with it and he had kayaking experience. 

12/25/22 @ 1:37 AM
Bob P.
User since 8/8/07

Good points for sure river_chaser. My intended use is on small to medium size streams(class 2 or less) with fishing being the primary activity. Some minimal small lake use might be an option as well. 

Thanks

Bob P.

12/24/22 @ 3:07 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

What activity do you plan for with your kayak?  Flat water,? small lakes? big lakes? slow rivers? fast rivers with rapids? Fishing? paddling alone or with youngsters or other adults?  Kayaks tend to be designed very activity specific meaning  some are built for flat water  and small ponds and wont do well in rivers etc

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE