SEARCH
MORE
Kayak Fishing

Hobie Pro Angler 360, 12 Foot

10/23/20 @ 3:36 PM
INITIAL POST
Derelict2
User since 8/12/05

Did anyone pick up a 2020 PA 360 in the 12 foot version last year?

I am a week or two from pulling the trigger on a new one but I have a few final reservations about some storage space and a few other critical things. 

Bottom line I have some questions specific to just the 12 foot version.

The way its working these days is the dealers don't even have any in stock for you to look at before ordering.

So, if you have one, just looking to have a conversation and ask few questions. If you were in SE Wisconsin and willing to let me look at it for ten minutes that would be great too but not necessary. 

PM if you want to talk kayaks and fishing.

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
1/31/21 @ 2:19 PM
Derelict2
User since 8/12/05

Awesome looking boat Mark!

My 360 has landed...picking it up Friday.

11/18/20 @ 7:27 PM
Mark 1:17
User since 8/27/02

Love my 2019 pro angler. I could have gotten a 2020 but couldn't justify another $2000. Talk about stable, people who have never tried one think the prices are insane. Pricey nonetheless but worth it. Enjoy your new Hobie! Here's mine.

11/2/20 @ 12:17 PM
Derelict2
User since 8/12/05

Ah Real nice! Yeah Outback's are great platforms regardless of year. We had 09's before the 2015's.

Always have liked the Revolution as well, but doesn't fit my needs or storage on this long trip I do.

I like the PA14 but the thing is just so big, figured since I was used to the 12 to 13 foot range of the Outback I would stick with the 12 foot PA.

11/2/20 @ 8:48 AM
markrazzy
User since 6/23/09

I'm sure you'll love it, Derelict! I think most of the Wisconsin kayak guys are on Facebook and not so much lake link anymore. I'm still rocking a 2015 Hobie Revolution 13, which is great for the fishing I like to do (offshore king salmon fishing on Lake Michigan and walleyes in Waukesha/Washington county). I've been eyeing up the new outback for a while, but ultimately, being able to easily throw my kayak onto my roof of the Equinox and launch wherever (mostly Lake Michigan beaches) is pretty important to me. I was going to message you, but almost everyone I fish with that has Hobies have PA14s or Outbacks. Tight lines!

11/1/20 @ 10:51 AM
Derelict2
User since 8/12/05

@Cycleguy - totally agree, not sure why this forum is so quiet, don't like Facebook myself either.

We have a 2021 Outback on the way also! That one is for my wife. We had two 2015 Outbacks that we sold. I decided to move to the Pro Angler but really happy she wanted an Outback because I really liked the looks of the upgrades on that boat in 2019.

Initially I wanted to go with a 2020 Outback but ultimately the way they redesigned it impacts how much stuff I could load into the thing for a ten day trip I do every year. Bottom line it should be great having access to both a PA and the Outback.

We had the regular Mirage drives so upgrading to the 360 and the 180 with reverse will be awesome because we never had reverse on the 2015's.

10/30/20 @ 11:01 PM
cycleguy
User since 2/8/05

That has to be an awesome boat!  I bought the 2020 Outback and really like it.... what you have coming there has to be another level in all areas.

This forum doesn’t get much attention.... too bad, I’m not into Facebook or such but guessing there are some groups around.

enjoy it next year!

10/27/20 @ 9:17 PM
Derelict2
User since 8/12/05
Didn't hear from anyone. Ordered one today regardless!
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE