SEARCH
MORE
Kayak Fishing

Anyone else itching to get out?

2/27/21 @ 7:19 PM
INITIAL POST
Clay34
User since 3/22/08

I know that I am on the early edge but with these temps it's tempting and dangerous at the same time.  

I do have a Kokatat dry suit, but my conflict is the still water is frozen and smaller streams or rivers if you come across a fall down tree if you can't get around it and the flow is high in the water, you could get trapped under the lay down.  Spooky.  

Wish that there was some still water open somewhere close to home without driving somewhere crazy.  

Just thinking out loud.

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
5/1/22 @ 10:15 AM
coosabass2011
coosabass2011
PRO MEMBER User since 12/22/08

Southern Wisconsin here, getting the yaks ready, might hit the water for opening weekend but not sure.  Vilas County for sure in early June.

3/21/22 @ 8:14 AM
discbrake
User since 6/13/02

LakeColumbia, Portage, WI. Year around. Canoeing and kayaking. Not much for fishing.

3/20/22 @ 11:14 PM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06

Anybody get out already this year? I'm planning for next weekend on a Waukesha County River 

3/23/21 @ 7:43 PM
TheIceManFishith
TheIceManFishith
User since 1/1/21

Already catching giant cats on the local lakes and streams. It's go time. Fished a pond today and it was schoolies every ten minutes for five hours straight.

3/13/21 @ 7:15 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

My little local lake is wide open right now. I am not going out there until the water temp is above 50. I'm 55, short, fat, and have a beginner fishing kayak 10 ft long. It is very easy to roll this thing. Mortality is very real to me now and no bluegill is worth it. Sigh. I'll have to get the boat out instead and try a river maybe. But, I would love to otherwise.

3/13/21 @ 4:38 PM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06

Got out this afternoon on Lower Nehmahbin and down the Bark River

3/11/21 @ 5:30 PM
MissionOutdoors.net
User since 10/2/20

I've been out twice already this year, and going again this weekend. I am in a smaller backwaters area that is shallow (4-8ft) and don't venture out to far yet till things warm up a bit water temp wise. I'm just hoping to get on some channel cats before the rivers get busy with boat traffic. 

3/4/21 @ 11:11 PM
Clay34
User since 3/22/08

You guys have to be itching to get out like me.  Next week in the low 60's .  Point me to some open water.  

2/28/21 @ 8:42 AM
Kayaker 8
User since 8/28/20

Spending these late winter days scanning for a new vest and then working on improving my live well which was not pumping right last year.

Tying flies and cleaning/oiling reels, sorting out tackle boxes as over the winter seems they de-arrange themselves. 

Yeah the Yak fever is rising.  

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE