MORE
Illinois Fishing Discussion

White crappies

4/1/19 @ 6:25 AM
INITIAL POST
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

Being from SE Wisconsin I have no problem catching black crappies. Years ago my mentor took me to Squaw Creek and did great on big whites!    From that time on they were my favorite fish. Wi. Is not known for white crappies,maybe a few on the Mississippi.    Anybody out there willing to steer me in the right direction ( fishing in Illinois).      Thanks.     CARPIO 

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
5/25/20 @ 12:41 PM
troutmaskreplica
troutmaskreplica
User since 5/14/20

Lake Springfield has an excellent white crappie population. I've caught hundreds there over the years. Also decent gills and catfish. North end of the lake seems to be better than the south.

5/24/19 @ 3:18 PM
Musky Jim1
Musky Jim1
User since 4/3/18

Last week at Heidecki we scored some slabs trolling for walleye on flikr shad

White crappies photo by Musky Jim1
4/2/19 @ 1:13 PM
Jigdude
User since 5/17/06

Lake Shabonna was mentioned...better check to see if it has a horsepower limit. Many have a 10 hp limit, but some of those are changing to a "no wake" lake.

4/2/19 @ 12:14 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10
Every lake I've been to in Southern Illinois has white crappies and black crappies.  Some lakes also have hybrids. Rend, Crab Orchard, Kinkaid, Cedar are all really good crappie lakes.  
4/1/19 @ 8:28 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

Bucket.  Thanks!    Good Fishin.      CARPIO 

4/1/19 @ 11:43 AM
BucketMouth123
BucketMouth123
User since 5/6/16

If you are willing to make the drive, Rend lake is a premier spot for white crappies. I actually think they have both species.

http://www.lake-link.com/illinois-fishing-reports/rend-lake-jefferson-county/123366/

Scroll through the thread and you can see you the guide service does. 

Also in north central Illinois is Shabbona. It is a smaller lake but a good population of whites.

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE