I went out fishing today on a lake around 80 acres that I like that does not see much fishing pressure. The lake has very, very few pike, some nice bass and gills and rainbows. The regulations and two signs at the boatlanding- state No use of Minnows. 

I am walking out on the lake today and see a group of 4 guys in the middle of the lake. They had about 8 automatic fisherman setup and were jigging with their flashers. I walked out to a spot I wanted to go to not far from them. I seen they had a minnow bucket and a cooler with a side aerator. I didn't see them catch any fish.

I fished for a little bit and then went over to see if I knew any of them and ask how they were doing. I didn't know them. One guy was friendly the others were quiet. They were packing up to walk to another spot on the lake. I hesitated to say anything about using minnows, but I know the warden stops out there from time to time. So, I said, I don't care at all, but I know minnows are not allowed on this lake. The one guy basically said, oh? I said, yea, no minnow probably because of the rainbows they plant in here. they started walking to their next spot and we both said goodluck, have fun.  

I fished another 2 hours and they continued to use minnows-(didn't see them catch anything).   Should I have called the warden hotline? Would you have?