MORE
Ice Fishing

Winniebago Ice fishing expo

12/9/23 @ 11:43 PM
INITIAL POST
The Pokey Fisherman
The Pokey Fisherman
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

Hit the 1st annual ice fishing show at the fairgrounds today. What a zoo, cars were backed up to hwy 41 and it was packed but did buy a new propane heater. After lunch it thinned some.They need a bigger venue for next year. Still its great to get to a fishing show before the season.

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
12/12/23 @ 10:14 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02
We were there Saturday morning, went around the traffic and came in from the east, only two cars in front of us.

Glad we didn't have to wait or I would have been even more disappointed. Way to small of an area, we left within an hour without even walking the whole thing. To tight and couldn't even get to a table/booth to actually look at something without pushing your way through.

The organizers did a heck of a job getting it together and getting the word out, hope they move it to a different venue now.
12/11/23 @ 3:39 PM
android
PRO MEMBER User since 2/14/02
Maybe have to have it from a Wednesday to Sunday I didn't go way too many people Great turn out!
12/10/23 @ 6:11 PM
The Pokey Fisherman
The Pokey Fisherman
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
I saw the line of cars when I was on 41 and came in from the south and got right in line on the east west road. If I had to do it again I would drive in from the south Winnebago park and park there and walk. I bought the same heater, the 4500-9000 btu one.
12/10/23 @ 1:07 PM
zones4
zones4
User since 6/18/01
Agree with on the time it took to get in. After getting off highway it was 1 hour and 10 minutes to park. That was almost 2 miles on the head. Problem was for that is how they were selling the tickets to get in. Either they did not think it was going to be that busy right at 9AM or they did not think it was going to be attend at all. I bought one of those Heat Hog 18,000 BTU from Thorne Bros, that was another not clear how to handle the people to check out. I think next year they move this to one of the buildings on the EAA grounds if possible. I will attend it again next year though probably that Friday when it opens and not the weekend.
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE