Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Which camera?

12/5/16 @ 5:36 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Dave Algrem
User since 1/27/13

I'm choosing a camera over flasher this year and am concerned that Marcum has only a 1 year warranty as compared to 2 for Vexilar and AquaView. Sticking to the AquaView 715, Vexilar Scout 800, and Marcum 485 because of price point. Fishing 90% clear waters. Thoughts?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
12/5/16 @ 8:42 PM
Dave Algrem
User since 1/27/13

Thanks. I appreciate your insight and experience with Marcum. 

12/5/16 @ 8:31 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER since 6/22/01

I've had a Marcum for going on 15 years, still have the same battery in it and it works great. Their newer cameras may be color now, but my black and white will see things until I can't see outside anymore. It has infrared and lights but all they do is magnify particles in the water. I hear the newer ones disperse light away from the camera so theres less clutter in low light conditions. I'd stand buy Marcums products any time. Usually if something goes wrong it's in that first year anyway and was a manufacturing problem. Aqua views are pretty cheap last time I saw one and you get what you pay for. Vexilar s products are always good, but I don't know much about their cameras. I do know both Marcum and Vexilar have excellent customer service. Have fun with whatever product you end up buying!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.