MORE
Ice Fishing

Where you going this year?

10/19/19 @ 1:09 PM
INITIAL POST
AWichman
AWichman
User since 1/6/16

What's everyone got planned for this winter. 

I'll start. These are all weekend trips except for Winnie and Idaho.

Early ice mid to late December I'll be on Upper Red chasing walleye.

Then home waters for awhile.

Then around second week of January I'll be up around Winnibigoshish area chasing perch and crappie. 

Then home waters for a bit. 

Then late January to early to February I'll be out to Mille Lacs for walleye. 

Then home waters again for a while. 

March is off to Idaho on Cascade chasing tank perch. Then it's a stop on Lake of the Woods for big pike to cap off the season for the most part. 

At least that's the schedule as of today October 19. Things change but that's the plan. I did a similar schedule last year, with a few spur of the moment trips sprinkled in. 

Displaying 16 to 25 of 25 posts
10/21/19 @ 10:13 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Jealous of that Cascade trip - hoping to get out there before the rush is over! Have any room for one more?? :) 

Hayward as soon as I get word of safe ice, got into some 14-16" crappies late season last year on a new lake, been waiting all summer to get on it early ice!

First week end of December I'm doing a weekend in Northern MN sleeping in my hub. Thinking of hitting upper red for a night and bemidji area for some crappies the second and third night.

Always get to Green Bay for whitefish around Christmas time if the ice is good enough, otherwise mid February.

Annual guys trip sounds like second weekend in February, possibly the brainerd lakes area but no set lakes yet.

March i'll be in the boundary waters for a late ice crappie trip in the hub shack. Still have a lot of planning to do for that one. 

I plan to spend a lot more time in Washburn and Sawyer county this year, Rusk county has been good to me but it's hard to compete with Sawyer county area!

10/21/19 @ 7:56 AM
USAbrams1991
USAbrams1991
User since 2/13/17

I'll be spending all my time up in Vilas Co. Got a new trailer for my ATV, so I'll be moving around more.

10/21/19 @ 7:45 AM
AWichman
AWichman
User since 1/6/16

Bowhunting Guy, this will be my 7th year going to Cascade. I always tell people that if they get the chance to do it, do it. I've seen how quickly things can change once word gets out about something as special as Cascade. I watched Upper Red have this massive crappie boom where 2-3lb'ers weren't uncommon to now if you find one it's a big deal. The only saving grace for Cascade is that it is a long a$$ drive to get there at 27hrs. 

10/21/19 @ 6:52 AM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07

I have a little one on the way so no trips planned for this winter except maybe two days of sturgeon spearing in February so I'll be fishing local waters. Hard to complain about pools 7, 8 & 9 though!

10/19/19 @ 8:23 PM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18

Awichman, I’d take your ice fishing schedule. I know a guy who went to Cascade in Idaho last year for perch, and said it was phenomenal. 

For me, Winnebago system, Oneida and Vilas county lakes, Door County for whitefish, and maybe Redstone. I make it a point to fish at least a couple new lakes every year. 

10/19/19 @ 7:07 PM
No Dak
User since 2/28/16

Northwest Angle mid Jan, Whitefish Door County Feb, Mississippi & Madison in between.

Displaying 16 to 25 of 25 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE