MORE
Ice Fishing

Where you going this year?

10/19/19 @ 1:09 PM
INITIAL POST
AWichman
AWichman
User since 1/6/16

What's everyone got planned for this winter. 

I'll start. These are all weekend trips except for Winnie and Idaho.

Early ice mid to late December I'll be on Upper Red chasing walleye.

Then home waters for awhile.

Then around second week of January I'll be up around Winnibigoshish area chasing perch and crappie. 

Then home waters for a bit. 

Then late January to early to February I'll be out to Mille Lacs for walleye. 

Then home waters again for a while. 

March is off to Idaho on Cascade chasing tank perch. Then it's a stop on Lake of the Woods for big pike to cap off the season for the most part. 

At least that's the schedule as of today October 19. Things change but that's the plan. I did a similar schedule last year, with a few spur of the moment trips sprinkled in. 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 25 posts
1/19/20 @ 12:45 PM
brtn610
brtn610
User since 12/30/07

She fishes pretty hard. We have a pretty active style of fishing, and the only time we set up the flip over is if it is real cold or windy.

I don’t really target pike in Wisconsin, but I do think it would be fun to spend a day or two chasing them on LOW.  I like big pike, I just have a hard time camping out in a spot watching tip ups.

1/16/20 @ 12:15 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

What kind of fisher-woman is your fiance? My wife loses interest quickly and needs to be in a shack, so I choose locations that are more apt for consistent action. Of those 3, LOTW would be my choice for that reason (it's also on my bucket list).

If she's a diehard and will be hole hopping right with you, I'd say Devils lake for sure. They've been catching some giant pike out that way the last few years too if that's what you're looking for.

1/15/20 @ 7:07 AM
brtn610
brtn610
User since 12/30/07

Possibly planning a trip the 1st week of April with my fiancé. Where would you guys go?

Option 1 - northern Minnesota for giant pike and late ice walleye on LOW and maybe a day chasing panfish as well.

Option 2 - Stay home and fish late ice panfish and get in the boat for Green Bay walleyes.

Option 3 - Devils lake

Option 4 - ???

12/20/19 @ 5:56 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Oneida/Vilas Counties (once the slush freezes). Planning a trip to Chequamegon Bay for a multi species trip. Then to Ontario in March for some late season lake trout fishing. Probably hit Green Bay since it’s in my backyard for some white fish for the smoker and maybe some bonus walleye.

12/19/19 @ 12:47 PM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04

Thinkin about Geogebic, in the U.P...... eh?

12/10/19 @ 12:32 PM
Fonzie
User since 1/4/09

I have a buddy who is a FWS Officer in NoDak.

I hope to ice fish Lake Audubon with him this winter.

{If anybody has ice fished it, feel free to pm me some tips}.   

\.

12/10/19 @ 12:07 PM
AWichman
AWichman
User since 1/6/16

Nitti's Hunter's Point is always been good to us. They run a good operation there. I've used just about all of them at one time or another there. Nitti's is our favorite place by far. Good people and nice houses. 

12/10/19 @ 11:05 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

AWichman - any suggestions on who to go through for a sleeper on mille lacs? We're going to do one night there before heading to gull/whitefish lakes mid february for our guys trip. I believe we have done Twin Pines in the past, but weren't overly impressed. 

11/6/19 @ 4:28 PM
Poppster
Poppster
User since 2/15/19

Erie will be my premier trip if it has ice... 

10/26/19 @ 5:52 PM
AWichman
AWichman
User since 1/6/16

Talked to guy from salt lake this week that drives up to cascade every year, more people ice fish than just Minnesota and Wisconsin, 29 hour drive won’t save it

While this is true. It’s not nearly as bad as it gets In Wisconsin, Minnesota or the Dakotas. It also doesn’t have the tourist industry that some areas have for built around it. 

I agree though that eventually it will see an adverse effect of all the added pressure. Just not as fast as some places around here. 

10/26/19 @ 6:16 AM
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05

I knew that about Junkie4ice because of some old PMs. They have both names.

I am gonna spend some time in NE South Dakota. It's a lot closer for me, only 4 hours. I spent a week up there this fall fishing and had a fantastic time. Maybe Lacrosse. Fishing can be good, just love the area.

10/24/19 @ 4:41 PM
Dinner plate keeper
Dinner plate keeper
User since 3/14/11

December back in ND..

10/24/19 @ 8:30 AM
AWichman
AWichman
User since 1/6/16

That is what I figured.  

10/24/19 @ 8:21 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

I hear he was pretty into ice fishing too    

10/23/19 @ 8:22 AM
AWichman
AWichman
User since 1/6/16

Junkie,

You wouldn't happen to be the legend formerly known as Kvan, would you?  

Displaying 1 to 15 of 25 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE