Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

What are the best Ice Fishing Boots?

2/9/16 @ 2:42 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Hodag1
User since 6/27/09
Looking for boots which are light, keep dry in slush conditions, economical, comfortable, etc...

DISPLAYING 31 TO 40 OF 65 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/1/19 @ 8:23 AM
brtn610
brtn610
User since 12/30/07

Another vote here for muck boots. I bought my second pair of Arctic Pros last year. 98% of my fishing is outside of a shack hole hopping, and these boots have worked well for me. Feet don’t get cold, 100% waterproof, and comfortable enough for 1+ mile hikes to get to your spot.

One thing I would recommend is wearing a merino wool liner sock under your heavier wool sock. Avoid anything with cotton.

11/1/19 @ 5:28 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Give a look a the tall Kamik’s. I’ve had a lot of boots in my day, and these are my all time favorite. Feet have never got cold, no laces to deal with, very comfortable sitting or walking, and the price is right. They have a similar boot from Guide Gear that I may purchase so I don’t have to haul a pair of boots back and forth up Nord!!

10/31/19 @ 8:12 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

CM thx for the input.

10/31/19 @ 7:11 PM
CMunyon
User since 5/12/16

I have the Artic Pro model and love them.I'm on my third winter and no issues so far.I think the Pro Extreme is rated a little warmer than the Artic Pro and has the lug sole.I would have gotten that one had it been available at the time.They are waterproof.I have waded through 10in.of water and no leaking.

10/31/19 @ 2:07 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

Has anyone tried out the Muck Boots Arctic Ice Extreme Conditions? I see mixed reviews on them. I wore out my Sorels, and they are no longer water proof. I'm looking for a truly water proof boot that will also keep me warm while standing on the ice all day. 

12/5/18 @ 3:17 PM
AWichman
AWichman
User since 1/6/16

I wear the Baffin Apex and have walked through water/slush plenty of times and have never had wet feet. Now I’ve never measured how deep the water was, but I can safely say it was over 4 inches. They're super nice, but the guy I fish with a lot has the Striker Ice boot and is super happy with them as well.

I had Lacrosse Ice Kings for probably 15 years and could still wear them now if needed. So from a longevity standpoint those may be the best bang for your buck. I switched because they’re so damn heavy, and walking as much as I do on the ice wasn’t always fun with 12lbs of boot on. 

Best boot is always going to be dependent on the person. I walk a ton so something that would breath a bit was what pushed me from the all rubber style. My feet actually sweat quite a bit normally. Some folks sit in one spot all day then something like the Ice Kings or the Alphaburly would probably be a better choice. One big thing is the socks. Stay away from cotton as they hold moisture and will speed up getting cold. 

BTW Kvan, we killed on Red. We had to pull the lines at night so we could sleep.  We actually came off early today, so we could go to a buddies to eat them tonight. That way we could keep some on Winnie if we want. 

12/5/18 @ 2:37 PM
Paintball1084
Paintball1084
User since 1/2/10

I have both Mickey Mouse boots and Baffin Icebreakers.  The mickey mouse boots are great, extremely warm and 100% waterproof.  I can not wear them when its over 20ish because me feet get way too hot.  I usually wear my baffins when its over 20.  

kvandehei33 they say 100% waterproof for my baffins but i dont believe it.  i walked through some heavy slush and my feet got a little wet.

12/5/18 @ 1:19 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

They look like they would be and I've never heard a bad review about Baffins. I wear Lacrosse Alphaburly 1600g which are nice and warm and completely waterproof but no air flow and they aren't the most comfortable on long hikes. If they ever fail on me I'll probably go with the baffins, but it would be tough going back to something not completely waterproof.

12/5/18 @ 12:46 PM
Workhardtofish
User since 3/8/17

Kvan,

To be honest with you I don't recall ever walking in deep water/slush with them.  But the way they're built I suspect they would be 100% waterproof.  Sorry I do t have more info on that.

12/5/18 @ 10:36 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Workhardtofish, or anyone else with Baffins, - are they 100% waterproof? As in able to walk through ~6-10" of water and be fully submerged without taking on water?

DISPLAYING 31 TO 40 OF 65 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.