Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

What are the best Ice Fishing Boots?

2/9/16 @ 2:42 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Hodag1
User since 6/27/09
Looking for boots which are light, keep dry in slush conditions, economical, comfortable, etc...

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 65 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/4/19 @ 8:51 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

Well, I settled on the Baffin Titans. They are completely waterproof, rated for -148 f, and made in Canada, and found them for $100. Excellent reviews too. I might pick up a pair of Mucks that are for milder temps, just for spring and fall. Easier to find the lighter ones on sale.

11/4/19 @ 5:20 PM
lund fury
User since 8/16/17

white's pac boots,with loggers spikes

best boots on the ice

11/4/19 @ 7:10 AM
Thump55
User since 7/19/04

One more vote for Muck Arctic Pros. Especially if you are a driller. I've had LOTS of boots, and no matter how warm they might be, eventually, they leak. It don't matter how warm they are once your feet get a little wet, they are cold.

I don't even know what season I'm on with my Mucks...6? But I wear them all winter long for everything and they are still in excellent shape and 100% waterproof. I just wore them in North Dakota duck hunting standing in ice cold water...still warm.

Muck makes great kids boots too. Keeping them waterproof is the key too. My whole family wears them.

11/4/19 @ 6:51 AM
iceman1973
User since 6/30/14

micky boots stay warm & dry even if u get wet

11/4/19 @ 2:46 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

He said no laces to deal with so I highly doubt he's talking about a lace up Pac boot you show.

11/3/19 @ 9:16 PM
jbird68
jbird68
User since 1/24/05

SNakester.  

You Talking about these? 

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/g-2304-kamik-mens-cody-100-degree-winter-pac-boot.html

11/3/19 @ 10:51 AM
brtn610
brtn610
User since 12/30/07

Since the discussion has shifted a little towards socks...

If you want to have happy feet, a quality pair of merino wool socks is important. Cheap Socks just done get it done. I recommend Darn Tough socks. They are made in America (Vermont) and have a true lifetime warranty, though I haven’t had a need to send back a pair of socks yet. There are other brands that are good as well, but these are what work for me. Merino liner sock + merino heavier sock + muck boots have been a winning combination (for me).

11/3/19 @ 3:12 AM
Dinner plate keeper
Dinner plate keeper
User since 3/14/11

Krockers have been doing well. Still use my Rocky blizzards some days and stay dry and warm. Wool socks are important to any boot.

11/2/19 @ 9:50 PM
JamesD
JamesD
MEMBER since 2/16/04

Hardcharger makes a really good point about how important socks can be in this whole discussion. The best waterproof boots lose all comfort if you walk far enough to make your warmest socks a soggy mess. I own a variety of boots for different situations. Seated inside my truck parked on two feet of ice I can get away with my leather work boots with heavy wool socks. Walking I sometimes bring spare dry socks for when the long sit starts to chill me down. Trudging thru slush is the worst. I have some heavy rubber jobs that need three pair of socks to fit properly if walking more than a half mile. None of these boots were expensive. The sorrels cost close to a hundred bucks but have many seasons on them and are on a second set of liners. Buy what you can afford but also invest in some heavy duty socks and boot liners.

11/1/19 @ 2:32 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

Looks like the Muck ice extremes are the ticket. Now to find them on sale somewhere.............................  

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 65 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.