Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

What are the best Ice Fishing Boots?

2/9/16 @ 2:42 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Hodag1
User since 6/27/09
Looking for boots which are light, keep dry in slush conditions, economical, comfortable, etc...

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 65 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
TODAY @ 9:19 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Artic Sports are plenty for me all winter and I'm not a shack guy or a chair sitter. I kneel next to the hole and fish so I'm down in it. A polypropylene base layer sock and then heavier 80% plus wool sock and your good to go.

TODAY @ 8:35 AM
Salmon/walleyeangler
User since 5/29/16

I have muck arctic ice arctic pros and wetlands they are all good boots for hunting and ice fishing the wetlands are the least warm but are awesome boots for the nice days on the ice or if your moving a lot, the ices are the warmest by far but if your walking around a lot they are a bit heavy and very warm so sweating is a problem on some days, and the arctic pros are very good inbetween boots if you want an overall good ice fishing boot

12/12/19 @ 10:36 AM
AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
User since 3/14/06

Does anyone have Muck Arctic Pro’s that doesn’t like them ?  Please post any “cons” if there are any.

12/11/19 @ 9:39 PM
budman1987
User since 1/19/03

I have a pair of ice kings also that are 17 years old and they still look brand new. They are heavy and big bc I wear a size 14. I recently bought a pair of muck artic ice extremes.  I have yet to test these in really cold weather but they held up in 25 degree weather sitting in a tree stand and boy are they light.  Very nice for walking around in. I found them on Amazon for 165 bucks

12/10/19 @ 12:31 PM
utahman
User since 3/9/03

Ice king .Bought the Ice man because they were lighter but not as warm, just better for walking because they dont weigh as much. Best boot I ever had is what I have now, but it is outdated and they dont make them anymore, It's a Red Ball Oneida nice and light and as warm as the ice king

12/10/19 @ 10:09 AM
Herb2
User since 12/28/18

Cabela's have boots on sale now. ship free!   I like Artic pro by Muck. Get large enough for 2 pare socks and you are good.

12/10/19 @ 8:15 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

I have the Cabela's Infernos and they are warm and quite comfortable. I wear them deer hunting as well. I think I may have a small "leak" in them, which isn't normally an issue, but when stomping around swampy ground during deer season resulted in some damp toes of the footbeds.

I also have my wife's grandpa's old Sorels that I used for a few years. Super warm and comfortable as well. Unfortunately, they developed a horizontal split above the heel where the leather meets the rubber, so unless there's a guarantee of no water, they're useless. Any suggestions for fixing that issue? Stupid question, but would slathering some fiberglass compound over it work? If so, maybe not a bad idea for the seams around the toes of the infernos too. 

12/10/19 @ 6:03 AM
wldh
MEMBER since 3/14/08

Spray your feet with antiperspirant to prevent sweating use good wool socks lace wool shoes if you can find them and 5 buckle rubber boots or the higher totes rubber boots old school.  

12/9/19 @ 8:50 PM
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01

. The old Baffins  are made in Canada. Sadly , they are made in China now. I would pay an extra 100 bucks if they were made in Canada or in the USA. 

12/9/19 @ 6:30 PM
TheWhipGuy
User since 2/13/10

My Lacrosse Icemans are 30 years old this year.  Still going strong.  2 years ago I purchase some Lacrosse Icekings from WorkBootsUSA dot com because after a coupon code they were about 115 bucks.  I was going to give my son my old Icemans.  First time using the new Icekings I pulled two of the d-rings off just lacing them up.  next time using 2 more d-rings pulled out.  Last year I noticed the rubber was cracking already.  Total junk!!! I hope they were knockoffs because if that is what Lacrosse is making now, no thanks.  I'm back to using my 30 year old icemans. 

I don't know which boot is the best, but I know which one is the worst.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 65 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.