Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

What are the best Ice Fishing Boots?

2/9/16 @ 2:42 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Hodag1
User since 6/27/09
Looking for boots which are light, keep dry in slush conditions, economical, comfortable, etc...

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 54 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/21/19 @ 11:10 AM
Tim Zwieg
User since 1/10/12

I have a pair of the great boots on really cold days.  I also have the Cabelas Zone Comfort Rubber Boots (I think that is what they are called).  They have different amounts of insulation in different parts of the boots.  I wear these late in the season when there is water on the ice.

11/21/19 @ 6:36 AM
16ft
User since 6/3/05

Cabelas Inferno Boa boots are great for people with back problems.

I have had mine 2 years now and like them a lot. They are warm, waterproof and fairly easy to put on and take off.

11/17/19 @ 11:01 PM
Ulbian
User since 9/24/03

“They don't make boots for wide feet.”

I need a wider shoe/boot as well. I have a pair of La Crosse Icemans that are over 25 years old so those are broken in and as warm and waterproof as they were when I got them. No issues with width there since, well, they have been worn. 

Now, reaching an age where the joints have a few more aches than they did before getting a pair of NEOS overshoes have been a godsend. I wear a pair of hiking boots or tennis shoes and these go over the top. Comfortable pair of shoes with better arch support, ideal width...sore knees and back are a thing of the past. 

11/17/19 @ 8:05 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

I have yet to come across any style pac boot or boot with a leather/cloth upper that is actually waterproof.

It's the reason I switched to Muck.

11/17/19 @ 6:53 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

Well, I returned the Baffin Titan's. Going with the Sorel Glacier XT's. The Baffins were tight on my feet (wide feet). They don't make boots for wide feet. Sigh. I was hoping to find an all rubber boot that fit that was rated for -100. Maybe some day.

11/16/19 @ 8:23 PM
drewster
User since 7/6/09

I went with Baffin Apex this time around.  They are very light weight, extremely warm, and waterproof.  They also are narrower around the top, so you can pull bib legs down around them.  I had a pair of Baffin Impact before, but they were so huge, I couldn't get the bibs to zip around them.

Baffin's are the best boot I have ever worn, way better than iceman or ice kings.  The retail price bears that out, as they are expensive.  However, this is the time of year to look on websites like shoes.com for holiday sales and free shipping.  I  got my Apexes for the ridiculously cheap price of $130 last year.  

11/8/19 @ 3:34 PM
WALLEYE SWIMBAIT
WALLEYE SWIMBAIT
User since 9/26/16

Rocky blizzards suck don't get them. Leak by second season. Laces don't last long either. 2 huge indicators of a quality boot is waterproofness and how long the laces last

11/5/19 @ 10:02 AM
SMFISHIN
User since 1/8/16

Baffin Selkirk Epic. Gold & Black. Awesome boot. Almost to the point of too warm.

11/5/19 @ 6:35 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Jbird, I’m talking about the black Green Bay boots. They call them snowmobile boots which I haven’t seen them advertised as before. Easy on and off. I just bought another pair last night that I can keep up Nord and not have to take with me every time. I love them and now I have 2 pair!!!!

11/4/19 @ 8:51 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

Well, I settled on the Baffin Titans. They are completely waterproof, rated for -148 f, and made in Canada, and found them for $100. Excellent reviews too. I might pick up a pair of Mucks that are for milder temps, just for spring and fall. Easier to find the lighter ones on sale.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 54 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.