Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Vexilar interference

2/12/20 @ 6:08 AM
ORIGNAL POST
quantumleap
MEMBER since 5/31/07

I have a Vexilar fl20 and get lots of interference when someone is using a Marcum flasher within 100 feet. I can't eliminate the interference by switching frequency. Anyone else have the same experience ?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
2/18/20 @ 8:10 AM
Lake bum
Lake bum
User since 3/28/18

Ulbian, Sorry didn't try to step on any toes. 

2/13/20 @ 10:42 PM
Ulbian
User since 9/24/03

The question wasn't for you Lake Bum, it was for the original poster.  As I said, you won't have an issue because your 'bird runs on a different transducer frequency than the Marcums do.  It's when you have two or more units running on the same transducer frequency that you have issues with this sort of thing.  

2/13/20 @ 3:11 PM
Lake bum
Lake bum
User since 3/28/18

One has a Marcum 1 and the other has a Marcum 3

2/12/20 @ 7:31 PM
Ulbian
User since 9/24/03

Which Marcum does your buddy have? Marcums and Vexilars use the same frequency. Humminbirds use a different frequency. That’s why the ‘birds never have issues with interference from the other two main brands.

But yeah, if he has a digital Marcum one way he can help the situation out is to make sure the ping rate is set to 1. The M1 Marcum (so their “entry” level unit) kicks out 1000 watts of power. The Vexilar 28 is also at 1000 watts of power. The digital units (LX6, LX7) are far above that. I can set my LX7 up so that nothing using the same transducer frequency will cancel it out, including an FLX28. The ability to do that has come in handy when people have climbed right on top of me and they needed to be chased away. 

2/12/20 @ 6:33 PM
Lake bum
Lake bum
User since 3/28/18

My fishing partner is sitting next to me using a Marcum, I use a Humminbird Helix with absolutely no issues.

2/12/20 @ 11:50 AM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

Marcums are well known for this. Experienced it many times while using one for 5+ years. Went to a flx-28 and very pleased to have done so.

2/12/20 @ 11:26 AM
wldh
MEMBER since 3/14/08

I have a marcum and it interferes with all my buddy's vexilar's not much to do but move.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.