Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Tow bars for atv

11/18/21 @ 8:16 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Da Panfish Punisher
USER SINCE 1/25/10

I got an otter sport sled that doesn't have the bump outs under it to install the otter brand tow bar. Im sure i can rig one up but was seeing if anyone had success with other brands that are a quick easy install?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 20 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

11/28/21 @ 12:54 PM
Beachboy
USER SINCE 12/20/04

just got a large otter sport sled. bought the frabill universal hitch and it bolts right on, the 2 holes for the the rope tow strap match up to the hitch bracket. only have to drill for the 2 extra holes. the hitch comes with backing plates. sorry, no pics

11/28/21 @ 12:03 PM
oncebitten
oncebitten
USER SINCE 12/7/17

Westfieldw

You never mentioned what you would like to get for it $

Zmaniac that works to now you have to show us the ski set up.

11/28/21 @ 11:45 AM
oncebitten
oncebitten
USER SINCE 12/7/17

Westfieldw 

Thanks for the photos, almost as I imagined it to be. I can definitely work with that.

Did you have any trouble with the tracking, like was it wobbly. Not that it matters much as I would be going from the lot to the ice.

Thanks again.

11/28/21 @ 11:36 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
USER SINCE 2/8/06

I’ve been using this setup for the last 5 years to get my 1 man shack to and from the lake. It’s a converted garden cart that I built a flatbed for. The shack has eye bolts mounted on the front for the tow rope and I mated them with eye bolts on the trailer. Once the shack is on the trailer I simply use a couple of carabiners to secure the eye bolts together. I also made a pair of skies to attach to the tires if the snow on the lake gets too deep for the wheels.

11/28/21 @ 10:51 AM
Fowler2
Fowler2
USER SINCE 7/17/09

great looking setup!

Non machinist background here. I can see myself doing some damage with unistrut and some kid bike training wheels. Mayb some type of pivot pin for swiveling the wheels up/down.

I hate with a passion dragging sleds on the hard jagged ice. 

11/28/21 @ 10:11 AM
westfieldW
westfieldW
USER SINCE 10/9/16

Here you go, the best pictures I could get it was dark in there.

11/28/21 @ 10:11 AM
westfieldW
westfieldW
USER SINCE 10/9/16

Couple more pics

11/28/21 @ 8:50 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
USER SINCE 2/8/06

Thanks WestfieldW

I fabricated a bracket over the summer that would swivel on the ice and uses pins to lock it in place. I was just curious to what you came up with. No need to dig it out for me, but when you do I would love to see your design. Thanks 

11/28/21 @ 8:30 AM
westfieldW
westfieldW
USER SINCE 10/9/16

Zmaniac

I made a custom mounting bracket to make it rigid I put a pin in each side. The towbar is also custom made

I will try to help you guys out and see if I can get at my Shanty today and take some pics for you guys.

Unless you guys have access to Machining equipment this will be hard to accomplish. Before I retired I was a machine designer/tool maker and had access to all this equipment.

11/28/21 @ 7:39 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
USER SINCE 2/8/06

WestfieldW-How did you make your tow bar rigid and not pivot as they are designed? I would think that the front of the sled would drag with just the rear mounted wheels. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 20 POSTS
Advertise here
Cold Water Deadstick Ice Combos feature a Ceymar micro baitfeeder, a full grip non-reel seat handle for customized placement, and a 1-pcs 24-ton carbon rod blank construction. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Okuma Cold Water Deadstick Ice Combos
An ice rod built as tough as the frozen winter landscape of the ice belt. A new platform for St. Croix, the Tundra series is a culmination of ice centric features demanded by hardwater anglers. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - St. Croix Tundra Ice Rods
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.